Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Just-Me
Reel Rookie

Does ITV Hub have a "Continue Watching" feature?

Jump to solution

Does ITV Hub have a "Continue Watching" feature?

To finish watching a programme, I have to remember which series/episode and then search so that I can resume playback.

Netflix, Now TV and BBC iPlayer all provide a simple list of programmes that I am watching.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ITV Hub - Continue Watching

Jump to solution
Roku provides the operating system on which they are run, but the channel providers themselves create, provide, and maintain their own channel apps. As you've seen, they don't all engineer in the same features. If this is important to you, you should let the people at ITC know their app is lacking a needed feature
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution
Roku provides the operating system on which they are run, but the channel providers themselves create, provide, and maintain their own channel apps. As you've seen, they don't all engineer in the same features. If this is important to you, you should let the people at ITC know their app is lacking a needed feature
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Just-Me
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
Thanks, makaiguy! Does Roku not provide some sort of quality check before allowing a channel to be published? This type of missing feature makes the channel "too hard" to use and probably means that the Roku will get returned. That's not good for Roku, although it is ITV's fault. Is anybody else watching ITV Hub?
0 Kudos
Martyn1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Its quite a while now since you mentioned the lack of a 'continue watching ' feature on itv hub, and I have to agree with what someone else said, when they said it makes it hard to use. I even contacted ITV myself and asked them the question. In all fairness to ITV, they responded to me very quickly, but unfortunately all they said was "we dont have the 'continue watching ' feature on roku. I did also tell them that's the reason why I hardly use their app. I just keep hoping that one day it will arrive. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

There is now a "resume" option that appears when you go back to a film you've watched part of before - and there is a visual indication that it remembers where you are up to.  But when you select "resume", it shows a very long ad break, then drops you back at the beginning - and when you manually go forward to where you were before, it shows another long ad break before restarting.  Shame - they have a more interesting selection of movies than I expected, but I'm not going to watch any more of them.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @SCNewcastle

Thanks for the post.

Have you checked other channels if the same issue persists? If the issue only occurs on ITV Hub, we suggest you remove the channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues? 

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos