Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OritBJ

Disney + region block unable to connect

Disney+ is available in my country yet roku has a region block on the channel, I can use it fine on my computer and LG smart tv but not on roku. my roku model is Roku Streaming Stick 4K | Streaming Device 4K/HDR/Dolby Vision with Roku Voice Remote and TV Controls, is it related to the roku model or something else? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Disney + region block unable to connect

Hi @OritBJ

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you're having. Please be aware that channel accessibility and availability on Roku devices will vary from region to region.  A Roku device will work in any location; however, channels may not be accessible on your device depending on the discretion of each channel provider. Availability is determined independently by each channel provider. The good news is that YouTube and Netflix typically function in most areas.

For more information, you'd want to contact Disney Plus Support to inquire further about availability in your area.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney + region block unable to connect

@OritBJ wrote:

Disney+ is available in my country yet roku has a region block on the channel, I can use it fine on my computer and LG smart tv but not on roku. ...

Roku does not have a region block on the app. The app developers, not Roku, control where it works. They have chosen to not support their Roku app in your region. Disney is the one that made that decision, not Roku.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos