Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yep

Disney plus says not subscribed

I subscribed to disney plus a week ago and it keeps telling me im not subscribed.  I subscribed through ROKU and at the same time i subscribed to another channel and had no issues with it.  Tried updating, powering down the roku, and resetting factory setting and nothing.  went to manage subscription and is says im subscribed.  Seriously wondering if  ROKU screwed me!  

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney plus says not subscribed

@yep 

So, you subscribed via Roku Pay? Using the payment tied to your Roku account, and signed up using your Roku device? Not directly at the Disney Plus Website?

And you're launching Disney Plus from a Roku device tied to the same Roku account?

I'm assuming that's what's going on, and if it is, then yep, there's a problem. However, if there is a difference in the situation as I stated, let us know, because that may be a clue as to what's going on.

Assuming all the statements above, you may need help from @Hector-Roku or one of the others to help run this down.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Joseph-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey @yep, we know that being unable to access a subscription you just started is not fun. We're here to help figure out what's going on.

We're going to send you a PM. Please keep an eye on your inbox for us to help further.

0 Kudos
EmilyW1
Reel Rookie

I have this issue too. Im so frustrated and im not going to be happy if i have to buy a second subscription just to be able to watch disney plus on my roku.

How/were you able to fix it?? Pls help

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @EmilyW1

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? How are you accessing the show, on the Roku Channel or the standalone app? Also, is your subscription through The Roku Channel or directly to Disney+?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

EmilyW1
Reel Rookie

Hi im using the disney+ channel directly on roku, and my subscription is through disney plus.

Im able to watch on my phone but not on roku, when i sign in with the same exact credentials as my phone it says my membership is no longer active and only gives me an option to resubscribe

some things i have tried with no luck:

- removing the channel and re-adding it

- checking for updates

- rebooting internet

-factory reset roku

let me know if i missed any info, thank you for getting back to me!

0 Kudos
EmilyW1
Reel Rookie

@RokuKarlasorry forgot to tag you!

not rushing you in anyway, just want to be sure this message above reaches you 🙂

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @EmilyW1

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

If you are still unable to play videos from one channel after reinstalling the channel and videos from other channels play fine. We suggest contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you may contact Disney + support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach their support team here: help.disneyplus

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos