Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Disney plus "an unexpected problem(but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.

Same issue.  TCL Roku TV.  Disney+ worked fine for months and now doesn't. No amount of re-installs or restarts fixes the problem.  Disney+ works on a chromebook, but not the TV.

0 Kudos
DarkJedi_78
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney plus not working on TCL Roku TV 65S535 11.0.2 build 4138-88

Exact same issue with Disney plus. Frustrated me all night. One tv has ver 11.02 nothing 4K works and the other identical tv model has 11.0 and works fine. 

0 Kudos
Coco15

Same TV same issue other devices work fine on the same network

0 Kudos
HelenHan
Reel Rookie

Me too. With the help of the Disney online service, I have done all the steps they mentioned. The problem has not been resolved. And then Disney has put the issue on the record. I can use my computer and iphone to play the Disney videos well. So the Disney app is OK. I am currently not sure if it is a problem with the TV hardware or the Roku software system. I subscribed to this one year service through TV, and now I have tried to unsubscribe without success. This problem bothers me, I paid for the service, but I don't get the service I deserve and still can't get a refund.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's error codes and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DarkJedi_78
Reel Rookie

Except that the app works on roku firmware 11.0 but not 11.2. That sure seems like a Roku problem not a Disney problem. Broke after the update. 

0 Kudos
FredRoc
Channel Surfer

Re: Disney plus "an unexpected problem(but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.

Suddenly, as if by magic, the app works today. It would be nice to know what corrected the issue but I will be satisfied that it works now. 

0 Kudos
XYaaron

What the freak!

purchased new tv like two weeks ago, 55 inch onn roku tv and for like a week, Disney plus worked fine on my tv…. 

Now the error each time i get into channel to play a movie, it won’t start @ saying unexpected error message! 

Get it together! 

0 Kudos
MunchkinPekoe
Reel Rookie

Great your app started working.    I'm also hoping my Disney plus will start playing back every movie or tv show instead of being selective.  In the meantime I purchased a Roku 4K express to watch the Disney Channel.

FredRoc
Channel Surfer

I spoke too soon. One show played on one of the problematic QLED TVs. Now I am back to where I was earlier. Same error message, no shows play. Completely frustrating!

0 Kudos