Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackMM
Channel Surfer

Re: Disney plus "an unexpected problem(but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.

For awareness, 

Disney unsure of the root cause of the issue, and agent spoke with states that it is something they are getting more volume on.  Trouble shooting steps including restarting modem, Deleting network and re-adding on the tv, force sign out of all profiles along all devices and then deleting app, doing TV power-restart and re adding application prior to speaking with Disney tech support. Gave model number/build etc info over to Disney in hopes of collaborative resolution.

0 Kudos
MunchkinPekoe
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney plus "an unexpected problem(but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.

I got the same thing  yesterday, 05 August 2022.  An unexpected  problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error} has been detected.  I have tried everything absolutely possible, even resetting my DNS.  I have a two week old TLC 65" Roku TV.   I put on the movie PREY and the message came up.  Then I tried a few Star War movies, same thing.  No sense of repeating the blurb of what to do as I've done it and more so.  There must be something that's happening and we need a fix.   Would cancelling Disney Plus and having another family member get a membership possibly correct this?

0 Kudos
FredRoc
Channel Surfer

Same TV, same steps, same result. I don't think any change to the account will help. I can stream fine with the account on older TCL Roku TVs. I can even stream from phone and cast to the TV. I just Roku/Disney to fix it!

0 Kudos
JackMM
Channel Surfer

Odd, my TV does not come up on cast devices in the disney mobile app

0 Kudos
RW6969

1000% it works on my older 50” TCL but not both of my new 65” QLED models. This is a Roku issue. I’m starting to think I might revert back to my firesticks. 

0 Kudos
Shaker0220
Reel Rookie

Disney plus not working on TCL Roku TV 65S535 11.0.2 build 4138-88

Disney plus will not playback 4k movies or shows, but will playback older movies from Disney plus that are not 4k.

The error is "an unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected".

I have factory reset the TV and restarted my network etc.

My other TCL TV works just fine and does not give this error and plays back all content from Disney plus. 65R625 11.0.0 build 4193-88.

Is this just a wait for an update kind of problem?

0 Kudos
judwang

I have a TCL Roku TV about 3 weeks old.  Having this unexpected error like everyone else is.  

I was on the phone for 1 hour with Disney+.  Their latest versions are 2.9....  but on roku to add Disney, it shows 1.24.  

We tried the developer install hack for Roku, but it didn't install.

Now I'm on a chat room with Roku, they won't give me a live person to talk to on the phone like Disney had for me.  They are not helpful.

Bottomline, WHY does ROKU not have version 2.9... on the channel?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Disney plus not working on TCL Roku TV 65S535 11.0.2 build 4138-88

Hi @Shaker0220

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

For us to better understand your issue, could you reply here with a photo of your TV screen showing the error message? Also, does your Roku TV supports 4K?  Have you checked other channels with 4K content if the same problem occurs? 

Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Wade2018

Same problem, new TCL 65 inch TV, all streaming services work except Disney+ (which worked fine on my old, 50 inch TCL Roku) Huwhich gives the unexpected error message. All suggested fixes do not work (system update, channel update, channel remove/restart system/reinstall, lower streaming settings in app, reset router, factory reset TV). Mainly posting to boost awareness of this problem and push for a fix ASAP, because I don't think I can troubleshoot this on my end. 

0 Kudos
Shaker0220
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney plus not working on TCL Roku TV 65S535 11.0.2 build 4138-88

The TV supports 4k.

I.e. I try to watch the original "Tron" it loads and plays, I try to watch "Tron:Legacy" I get the error below.

"An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected"

I can't seem to load a photo from my phone, sorry

0 Kudos