Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
palmsb85

Disney plus "an unexpected problem(but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected."

When trying to stream something in Disney plus I keep getting this error pop up message "an unexpected problem(but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected." Has anyone seen this issue? How do I fix it? Please help?

51 REPLIES 51
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Disney plus "an unexpected problem(but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected."

Hi @palmsb85

Thanks for the post.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
venable2b

Re: Disney plus "an unexpected problem(but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.

I am having these same problems and I tried delete app and restarting it has done nothing

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Disney plus "an unexpected problem(but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.

@venable2b

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, it's important that you make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again to ensure a clean channel install. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

How do I get my disney plus to work if it say not server timeout or http or error

0 Kudos

Help getting my disney plus to work

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

@Cheriepickich10

Thanks for the posts.

As @RokuDanny-R mentioned, we would recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Disney+ directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Disney channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach them here: Disneyplus support 

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
FredRoc
Channel Surfer

It is not a Disney+ app issue. It is a Roku issue. The same app version works fine on our older TCL and Hisense Roku TVs. The OS on our new TCL Roku TVs is the problem. This bug needs to be addressed by Roku.

JackMM
Channel Surfer

We are having this exact issue, after no issues previously. Have attempted all normal troubleshooting steps, and only our TCL TV is impacted.

Evavricka

Ugh having the same problem and I’ve only had the TV less than 24 hours. Very frustrating. Also, my remote doesn’t work that well, delayed often. Anyone else have that issue? 

0 Kudos