Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samirenee94
Reel Rookie

Disney+ keeps opening without selecting it

My Roku continuously opens Disney+ and will not allow me to exit out of it, go to a different channel, or even select one of our Disney+ profiles. I have tried resetting it, and unplugging it and that has not worked yet

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney+ keeps opening without selecting it

@Samirenee94 wrote:

... will not allow me to exit out of it, ...

This is weird. Really weird. Are you saying that pressing the Home button on the remote will not exit the app?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Do you have a Disney+ direct access button on your Roku remote?  If so, is it stuck in a depressed position?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Samirenee94
Reel Rookie

Correct. When you press any other button it starts to exit Disney and then just goes right back to loading Disney+

0 Kudos
Samirenee94
Reel Rookie

I do. We just checked again to make sure and we will see how it goes lol. It's been doing this for about a week now

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Samirenee94

Thanks for the post.

Have you tired replacing the batteries in your remote to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing? If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Samirenee94
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R we have replaced the batteries and my fiance also went as far as removing the Disney+ button from the remote, and we are still having the same issue. The serial number is S07R515DFYV1

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Samirenee94

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos