Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Disney Plus with Ads not on ROKU

Jump to solution

Hello @RSLH

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Roku.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Hulu+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach their support team here: Hulu Help 

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
rap43

Jump to solution

If the customer is a top priority this dispute should be settled. Instead the customer is left to the monetary wrangling of who gets the most money and the subscriber is getting less than he/she is paying for. At least keep your subscribers aware of any progress toward a solution. 

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I don't pay a penny for the Disney Bundle. I get it for free from Verizon wireless.

https://www.verizon.com/solutions-and-services/disneyplus/?cmp=KNC-C-Mobility-NON-R-BP-NONE-NONE-2K0...

0 Kudos
HansSolo

Jump to solution

This is complete BS! Why isn't this available? So I have to pay DOUBLE because I have a **bleep** roku? I'm starting a petition just so people know not to buy your device  

0 Kudos
Tunester
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Where do I sign.

0 Kudos
JulioBro
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Karla, how is it that's been months and this issue hasn't been resolved!?

Why are Roku's customers being forced to pay double for a service, just because you don't solve a simple ads issue in which there shouldn't be any conflicts? Does this means that Roku doesn't care about it's customers?

I'm replacing my current TV under an extended warranty, and I will select a model without Roku, just because of the Disney+ads issue.

It's absurd; how many RokuTV owners are simply without choice, regarding Disney+ads!?

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JulioBro

Thanks for reaching out here in Roku Community. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this caused. Disney+ Basic is not available to stream on Roku, although you may be able to use AirPlay or Screen Mirroring to cast to Roku from your mobile device. We will let you know if it becomes available in the future. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Let us know if you have other concerns, and we're glad to follow up. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
JulioBro
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It's funny @RokuNimfa-C that you mentioned mirroring like an actual option, when it's literally a mediocre solution; regarding quality, there's no comparison at all.

You're gonna watch a payed Disney+ high-rated and UHD show through mirroring? Seriously!?

It's a shame; reviewed as a great streaming interface, now it's revealed as ignoring the customers needs.

0 Kudos
Keith22
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is Ludacris and very inconvenient. Hopefully they will get their **bleep** together soon. … I just upgraded to Disney+ with no commercials for two more dollars. I could have gotten the Hulu package lol but that would not have played either probably because of the commercials… lol 

0 Kudos
JulioBro
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That's what I'm considering, because I have the Bundle Duo; I'd be canceling HULU.

0 Kudos