Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney Plus with Ads not on ROKU

Jump to solution

@mE_2020_2020 it's not Roku's responsibility to advise you when a provider makes a change to their content. That is solely the responsibility of the content provider. Disney is in complete control over their content and how it is made available. Roku can't make Disney do anything. All they can do is negotiate certain terms. But Disney is in the driver's seat over what content they own is made available on Roku devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Danhood711

Jump to solution

Is there an update on this? I figured it would be resolved quickly but it's nearly 2 months later and no word when we can watch Disney plus basic on roku.

Mash1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I spoke with Hulu rep who said he expected it to be resolved in 1-2 weeks… to be honest, I believe he was talking straight out his arse as I told him I’d leave Hulu soon if it wasn’t resolved. 

BarbS2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My tech phobic husband has learned he can enjoy basic Disney+ without using a ROKU and has become very comfortable using a smartphone with Chromecast.  It does not matter which company is responsible because both will lose customers. 

dbullyy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is not cool. Why did I buy roku ultra?

LopezFamily
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This is NOT a solution. Roku inc, has become a hinderance for consumers.  I think training employees to tell consumers that a value that is available for every major brand of TV out there then pushing them on a pricier service is the definition of BAIT and SWITCH.  In fact, I have received internet ads and printed ads describing services available on my smart tv which are not true.  The advertisement should clearly state you can get Disney with ads, on all major tv brands BUT ROKU tvs.  The advertisement should state every one can get 12.99 Disney, Hulu and Espn EXCEPT if you own ROKU tv.  THe ads should state you can get Disney and Hulu with ads for 9.99 EXCEPT if you own a ROku tv!

GREED IS NOT GOOD.  

THE TV IS COMPATIBLE TO THE AP, ITS JUST GREED STOPPING IT FROM PLAYING. 

Kappa237

Jump to solution

Is this any closer to being resolved? Get the lawyers and financial analysts in a room and get it done please.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku never discusses publicly when they are working with a provider. They won't say anything unless/until an agreement is reached. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
LopezFamily
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It is February 2023 and still cant get Disney+ with ads... WHY would I receive a several advertisements on 9.99 bundle and 12.99 bundle on compatible devices.   I switch and then find out that BOTH customer services representatives from Disney and from Roku tell me to get the 19.99 bundle to stream all three bundle services (Disney no ads and Hulu mostly no ads).  This is a scheme.

Then when you ask to go back to the bundle you had they say.  Sorry we cant do that we have no "access".  They are so quick to offer the 19.99 bundle that this is a straight up money grab.

This is a straight up money making scheme.

What does the word Compatible mean? when roku market penetration on streaming services is at least 40 percent.  That means that over 100 million streaming devices are in the United States and we the consumers are being screwed.  7 dollars difference X 20 million households equal 150,000,000 reasons not to over the service to roku devices.  STOP THE GREED ROKU!  I have 3 roku tvs and 3 more roku streaming sticks.  You are the budget tv that doesnt offer the budget streaming service bundle from the number one streaming service?  COME ON DO THE RIGHT THING!

Shonaw81

Jump to solution

I hope you all can work this out,  some of us are on really tight budgets and can't afford $20.00 for 20 different streaming apps.