Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dts
Reel Rookie

Disney Plus purchased through Roku and can't login

Jump to solution

I purchased Disney Plus thru Roku on 18-Nov-2020 and I paid for a full year. The channel was working until last week. I never had to login to Disney Plus because I purchased it thru Roku.

Last week the channel would not load. I restarted my Roku, and then the channel would load but it asked me for login credentials. However, Disney Plus claims, "We couldn't find an account for that email". I provided my Roku account email because I signed up thru Roku (and other messages here say that is the correct procedure).

Next I removed the Disney Plus channel and restarted my Roku. Then I reinstalled the channel. That did not resolve the problem either. I was again asked for login credentials and again told there is no account for my email.

Attempting to login in directly at disneyplus.com gives the same error: "We couldn't find an account for that email".

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Disney Plus purchased through Roku and can't login

Jump to solution

@dts

Thanks for the post.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
dts
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku refunded me for the Disney+ subscription. Thank you!

All would be forgiven if I didn't have to suffer through long reCaptcha barriers just to post this message.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@dts

Thanks for the post.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dts
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku puts up too many barriers for customers to receive proper support. For example, your "contact us" page requires that I first login. But that requires that I solve a ridiculous Captcha. Your company clearly does not value my time. When I finally navigate to the point where I can actually choose "contact us", the chat option is disabled and the email option doesn't work.

Then to reply here, I have to again complete a Captcha.

Your company seems to want to make me dislike even the thought of the Roku name. Amazon would never ever make it this hard to get support.

0 Kudos
dts
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I spent over an hour on the phone with Disney support. I also finally managed to chat with Roku support. Roku has the record of my account. I only have one Roku device and the serial number matches my account used to subscribe to DIsney according to Roku support. I also have the Roku payment invoice. However, Disney does not have any record of my account. They searched by name, email, zip code, and every other way they could search.

Disney did give me some useful advice: never sign up for any channel through Roku. For Disney, register on their website, not any 3rd party site/device.

In my case, it looks like I paid for a full year of Disney+ at $69.99 and received only 3 months of service.

Roku is unwilling to help. Disney tried to help, but Roku has not provided Disney with anything that shows I have a subscription.

0 Kudos
dts
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku refunded me for the Disney+ subscription. Thank you!

All would be forgiven if I didn't have to suffer through long reCaptcha barriers just to post this message.

0 Kudos
Rich15

Jump to solution

Here is how I resolved this:

1. Installed Roku and signed up for Disney+ annual subscription.

2. Tried to login through Roku device and failed multiple times.  I was never offered the opportunity to create an account through the Roku device/service.

3. Went to Disney and created an account but DID NOT pay for any subscription.  I used the same username and password that I have for my Roku account.

4. Restarted the TV and logged into Disney+.

All in all, a poor experience that Roku should look into.  That said, the issue is resolved. 

0 Kudos