Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix Hulu not loading - crashes back to home screen

Jump to solution

@Jdoh90 

Thanks for the note.

If you have already removed the channel, restarted your device, and added the channel back again and are still unable to resolve the issue, we recommend reaching out to Hulu directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Hulu channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Apps won't open

Jump to solution

Removed more than he the apps we had. Here TV still wouldn't load. Removed, restarted roku, reloaded Here TV and it still won't open.

Joshmlucas

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with here tv. When I hit it the here logo comes up then right back to the home screen. I removed and restarted and added it back on and it still won't open. 

Tals713
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney Plus, Netflix, Hulu not working – crashes back to home screen

Jump to solution

I had Exact same issue. Followed Roku employee suggestion in comments. Go to Settings>System>Advanced system settings>network connection reset>reset connection

then u may have to set up connections to internet, I don’t remember if I had to do that

good luck!

if that doesn’t work. You can choose factory reset instead. 

ScrippsDad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Incurring the same problem.

Have tried the following:

1. Settings > System > System restart > Restart
  2. Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection (Note, I had to to re-enter network settings)
  3. *Remove Channel
  4. Settings > System > System restart > Restart
  5. Add [reinstall] Channel

Problem persists on roughly half my channels.  No bueno.

More baffling is that the problem only exists on my Roku Ultra. Issue IS NOT evident on my Roku Streaming Stick or Roku Express+ 🙂

Sensfan

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue . Tries to open and back to home screen. Using smart TV with roku. Netflix , prime and YouTube. 

ScrippsDad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

latest update...

I have even reset my Roku Ultra to default via Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset

Problem still persists.  If same issue doesn't exist on my Stick or Express, then doesn't this have to be a h/w problem unique to the Ultra?

Very frustrating Roku. 

FragileNougat
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine did the same today, I went through all the steps, same but only sky News wouldn't work. Checked the update section and there was a firmware update. That fixed it for me. I wish I had checked that First.

0 Kudos
Loucovey
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No, the problem started with a few apps and is spreading. I have tried all your recommendations and each time it gets worse. Seems like a firmware issue.

FragileNougat
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What version are you on?

I didn't make a note of the old firmware but it was from Jan 2020.

The new one is software version 9.3.0.

Build 4170. 

The page said it had checked for an update today but it didn't update. I had to do it manually.

I have two ultras and both went wrong at the same time, it was only Sky news that was affected, I tried NowTv and that worked but I didn't try anything else.

0 Kudos