Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HikariTart

Discovery+ vs. Discovery+ on Roku

Jump to solution

I have subscribed to Discovery+ through their service. However, searching for a show (Ghost Hunters) using the Roku search, I found that Discovery+ through the Roku channel has more seasons. But clicking on it, it wants me to subscribe to Discovery+ again. 

Is there a way I can just log in to my Discovery+ account for the roku channel? 

It just seems weird canceling to subscribe again but limiting the viewing to just my Roku devices instead of having the ability to watch regardless of my device.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Discovery+ vs. Discovery+ on Roku

Jump to solution

Hi @HikariTart

Thanks for the inquiry.

I understand that you would like to access your Discovery + subscription or login credentials through the Roku Channel. Please be noted that existing subscriptions from a Standalone channel or directly from the publisher cannot be used to view premium content on The Roku Channel. You'll want to contact channel provider support directly to inquire about that channel's account authentication functionality. As many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Discovery+ vs. Discovery+ on Roku

Jump to solution

Hi @HikariTart

Thanks for the inquiry.

I understand that you would like to access your Discovery + subscription or login credentials through the Roku Channel. Please be noted that existing subscriptions from a Standalone channel or directly from the publisher cannot be used to view premium content on The Roku Channel. You'll want to contact channel provider support directly to inquire about that channel's account authentication functionality. As many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos