Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaiRamen
Level 8

Re: Discovery + App Crashes After Every Episode (and has flashbacks to earlier parts)

Yeah, I deleted it from my Roku Tv, using some weird button combo to get to edit mode....
And it has helped a little, maybe 2/5 wont crash...but it still jumps around....and just now...my **bleep**....

In the middle of a show I was watching in the background for a few ep, it says, "doesn't look like you are watching so we are going to redirect you to a different show"

LIKE WHAT THE?

Then it had an impending timer, to which none of my 3 remotes could stop lol... Its like wow, ok force content upon me haha....I already literally tore the RDIO buttion out of the remote cause everytime the remote was bumped it would go to RDIO and say "This channel is no longer available..." SO WHY CANT WE CUSTOMIZE OUR OWN SHORTCUTS INSTEAD OF A 404 error lol  I just keep saying...Wow....not just to Discovery+ which I pay for, (not ad free) but also roku, like really? 

0 Kudos
JaiRamen
Level 8

Re: Discovery + keeps crashing on Roku premiere

NOPE. I can't remove it with the * key, I had to do some strange button "cheat code" combo to be able to delete it....and it has not solved any issues.

The only other option I have is to unsubscribe from Discoery + then Re Subscribe and likey get charged double...

This app has more big and issues than any other roku app I have used across 3 rokus over 7 years COMBINED.

Please FIX DISCOVERY +, if it was free I would say "ok, yep, its free"

IT IS NOT FREE, so it is really frustrating when I pay similar for hulu (actually less + I get spotify as a student, both for $5 (with ads of course on hulu..not spotify)).

It does not make sense, they are getting and you are getting tons of money from Discovery/animalplanet/food/etc/etc ad nauseum... and should have the brains and time to make your customers not waste their time doing emails like THIS. MULTIPLE MULTIPLE comments like this ....

SO ROKU/ DISCOVERY+.....FIX YOU BLANKETY BLANKING BLANK BLANK BLANKET PLEASE

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@JaiRamen

Thanks for the posts.

Not sure what combo of buttons you used to the remove the channel. If you are still having issue with that channel and are not experiencing the issue with other channels, we would recommend contacting the channel provider directly as they would best be able to assist you. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
lapellnitz
Level 7

I have no option to remove channel on the Discovery+ app on Roku. Only options are:

- My Rating

- Move channel

- Manage subscription

- Check for updates

- Give us feedback

I restarted and it keeps crashing - mostly when going from commercial back to show.

0 Kudos
lapellnitz
Level 7

I fixed the problem by clearing the cache on my Roku.

How to Clear Cache on Roku
  1. Make sure “Home” is selected from the main menu.
  2. From the remote control, press the following buttons consecutively: Press Home 5 times. Press Up. Press Rewind 2 times. Press Fast Forward 2 times. ...
  3. It will take about 15-30 seconds to clear cache and restart.

https:   //www.cactusvpn.    com/tutorials/    how-to-clearn-cache-on-roku/   

Remove spaces and link will work.

0 Kudos
Hdial
Level 7

Have removed the channel added back it's still crashing

RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hey @Hdial

Thanks for the post.

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing Discovery+? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. Also when doing the restart, make sure to do it from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if this works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Angie515
Level 7

No it does not help.  I have tried all 3 multiple times

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Angie515

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach Discovery+ Support here: Discovery+ Help Center

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos