Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Faithful
Reel Rookie

Re: Discovery Plus freeze, stuttering, hiccups

@StreamerUser wrote:

Discovery+ app version 1.4.1 released (3/15) - check and see if any issues have been resolved

Downloaded and restarted my Roku TV. Confirmed version as 1.4 Build 1. Testing right now with Worst Cooks (which gave me major issues before) and made it through an entire episode with no freezes or stuttering. 

I'll continue testing but so far I'm cautiously optimistic we may finally have a fix! 

0 Kudos
dkpeppard
Roku Guru

@Faithful wrote:

@StreamerUser wrote:

Discovery+ app version 1.4.1 released (3/15) - check and see if any issues have been resolved

Downloaded and restarted my Roku TV. Confirmed version as 1.4 Build 1. Testing right now with Worst Cooks (which gave me major issues before) and made it through an entire episode with no freezes or stuttering. 

I'll continue testing but so far I'm cautiously optimistic we may finally have a fix! 

Good news! Make sure you pause and/or rewind several times while you are testing. Pausing and rewinding seem to trigger the freezes / skips more than just playing the episode.

I will download and test as well.

0 Kudos
KappaChino
Reel Rookie

I updated to the latest version today and have still been getting pauses. Within a one hour show, we had 5 or 6 pauses.

Tiajean
Channel Surfer

I have the new update and there are still pauses happening for me as well. On to waiting for the next update!

dkpeppard
Roku Guru

Thanks for the feedback on version 1.4.1. I'll keep waiting for a fix as well.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

The Discovery+ app updated to 1.5.0 today (3/22) - check for any issue resolution.

0 Kudos
dkpeppard
Roku Guru

@StreamerUser wrote:

The Discovery+ app updated to 1.5.0 today (3/22) - check for any issue resolution.

Thank you for the update. No go on 1.5.0. Same issues.

I purposely used pause and rewind during a show last night and had the freezing issue within the first 10 minutes.

I also got an update on my ticket with Discovery Plus Support last night. They stated "We are still actively investigating this issue. I appreciate your patience as we work through this."

Hopefully we'll have a fix soon.

In the meantime, I have been searching for patch notes on the Discovery Plus app on Roku to see what changes have been implemented with each revision, but I haven't found where to see the patch notes. Anyone else have a line on this?

Thanks in advance.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@dkpeppard wrote:

@StreamerUser wrote:

Thank you for the update. No go on 1.5.0. Same issues.

I purposely used pause and rewind during a show last night and had the freezing issue within the first 10 minutes.

I also got an update on my ticket with Discovery Plus Support last night. They stated "We are still actively investigating this issue. I appreciate your patience as we work through this."

Hopefully we'll have a fix soon.

In the meantime, I have been searching for patch notes on the Discovery Plus app on Roku to see what changes have been implemented with each revision, but I haven't found where to see the patch notes. Anyone else have a line on this?

Thanks in advance.

Version Histories/Changelogs are rare, specific changelogs are rarer:  "bugs and performance improvements" or something akin to that are what most vendors provide, if they provide anything, including vendor pages in Roku's channelstore:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/2b3ca5091591fa3641a431a6af1f3468/discovery-plus

Thats pretty normal, as vendor app pages go.

MichaelM16795
Reel Rookie

I can attest to the issue still happening with pausing a show. I think what's more annoying than the freezing video/audio is that sometimes for the time it freezes it then skips that, so even though it's only a few second pause, it could be right in the middle of a sentence and then to watch that I'd have to exit the app and go back in and hope it doesn't freeze there.

dkpeppard
Roku Guru

@MichaelM16795 wrote:

I can attest to the issue still happening with pausing a show. I think what's more annoying than the freezing video/audio is that sometimes for the time it freezes it then skips that, so even though it's only a few second pause, it could be right in the middle of a sentence and then to watch that I'd have to exit the app and go back in and hope it doesn't freeze there.

So far, in all my testing, if the show skips it will keep skipping in the same spot, regardless how many times you rewind to see if you can catch what was missed. Indeed it can be frustrating if it happens at a key moment in the show.