Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wmikec

Re: Directv stream app is not loading

I have this same problem.  I remove the app and the add it and it works, but the next time I turn it on it may or may not launch.  I have gone through this process at least five times in the last week.

0 Kudos
rslasad
Reel Rookie

If the Directv stream app is not loading, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure that your internet connection is working. If it is, then try restarting the app. If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

0 Kudos
Torano22
Reel Rookie

Obviously this is beyond deleting and reloading the app whether or not you restart the system before reloading the app. It has been done multiple times to no avail. An it isn’t affecting other apps. There is something else wrong here….just sayin!

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Torano22

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach Direct TV stream support here

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Torano22
Reel Rookie

Chatted with DIRECTV and was informed that this complaint is hitting them…they bounced it back to Roku….surprise….they said their recent updates haven’t been dealt with by Roku, and that when Roku addresses it with updating their end the drama will cease….

0 Kudos
SusanV

We are having this problem frequently. Try this ridiculous fix.  When The Directv app will not load, hit the back button on your Roku remote, exit the Directv app, then  click on the Directv  app again to load the channel. I don't understand this, but it seems to work and it is a lot easier than the steps that you have been provided. 

0 Kudos
Tactics2

I was having this same problem too and nothing was working. To fix it, go into your Roku settings and update your device first. Then after it restarts, reopen the app. It should update the app then open.

0 Kudos