Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgaitonde
Reel Rookie

Directv stream app is not loading

Till yesterday I could stream using DIRECTV stream app. However, since today morning the app is not loading. It just shows the logo for couple of mins and then gives the message 'Something is not right'. I tried to update the app, restart ROKU Express etc but nothing is working. Please advise.

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Steineroo
Reel Rookie

Re: Directv stream app is not loading

I am having the same issue. I uninstall and reinstall but it happens again later in the day. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sgaitonde @Steineroo,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Please make sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.

Are all other streaming channels playing content normally? 

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
sgaitonde
Reel Rookie

Yes. All other channels are working okay. Thanks for the advice. I will try your directions.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Steineroo
Reel Rookie

That has not worked. We are still having to remove and readd the channel with or without the restart. This is extremely frustrating. And since I have this account on more than one device we are constantly deleting while someone else is watching the app on another screen which means they are also interrupted. 

MStack

I am also having this exact same issue.  

0 Kudos
Torano22
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same problem…it just started a couple days ago..it makes no difference if you restart the tv and then reload the app…it works for a while and then won’t load. Has anyone had any info from Roku other than the bot answer of restarting before reloading the app?

Babslas

I am having the same issue. Direct stream will not load. I constantly have to uninstall and reinstall. Has there been any assistance/advice that has actually worked?

0 Kudos
Whales2c

I have had to unload and reload the app as well. Happening daily. Software is up to date. Any other viable solutions? 

0 Kudos
Birnbaum21

Same issue here.  Have to reinstall almost daily.  Ugh.  

0 Kudos