Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dougnjones
Reel Rookie

Direct Stream Application Update

According to the Directv Stream support agents, the Roku update for their app is out-of-date. Your update is the 327b3030101 and with it, I have nearly 3 months of streaming limit exceeded. They advised me that you should update with 3.35.061155. Please have your technicians research to ensure that the Directv Stream application is current.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Direct Stream Application Update

It's up to DirectTV to update their channel/app.  Roku has absolutely nothing to do with it.  What's the model number of your Roku device displayed under Settings->System->About?  If it's old, it's possible that it's not receiving updates anymore.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Rokus should automatically check for updates at least once every 24 hours as long as they are powered up.  If you have them powered via a USB port on your TV that shuts down when the tv Is turned off you maybe preventing the automatic update process. 

You can force an update manually via Settings > System > System update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
dougnjones
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your input - we have Ultras, Express 4K, and Stream sticks and are aware of Roku's update and have updated applications for years - back when AT&T Now came on line. We had very few issues until Oct 2021 when we started getting "you have exceeded your streaming limit...turn off one of your devices..." Spent hours trying to explain to the Directv Stream that we have internet only cable, cable modem to Orbi mesh router, and Rokus on our TVs. Our contract with DirectV Stream is for two (2) streaming devices. What was happening, when the second TV was turned on, we got the you have exceeded, etc. In one case, after turning off one to eat supper, got the exceed limit when I went back to the second. They had me delete the app, reload, go to AT&T and change the password. Lastly, got an early morning phone call to Direct and explained the 3+ month long saga and he suggested Roku needed to go to the updated app I mentioned in my initial post. But the app I keep getting is still the Dec 15, 2021 update. I don't know if our Roku Ultra or Express 4K maintains a link to Direct after we close the app but one thing is for sure, with only two active tvs and a 2 stream limit, something is rotten in denmark

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@dougnjones

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

You can also check for a channel update by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button and selecting Check for updates.

If you are still experiencing an issue, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos