Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoderickG
Reel Rookie

DirecTV not found on Roku Stick

Jump to solution

I just dropped Dish satellite and an currently on a DirecTV stream trial. The Roku Stick on my non-smart TV does not include DirecTV under the streaming link. It's a Model 3500X and I've done an update, but still not DirecTV listing. Solutions? Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: DirecTV not found on Roku Stick

Jump to solution

DirecTV doesn't make it easy.  The app in the Channel Store is just called DirecTV and states, "The DIRECTV App, for DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM customers, is the fresh way to stream all the entertainment you love."  I would guess the link I gave for the "DirecTV app" is outdated and it isn't supported any longer on the 3500 stick.  No matter, it's probably time to look into a new Roku device since the 3500 is no longer supported and you'll just have more and more problems like this going forward.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
renojim

Jump to solution

The 3500 is a Legacy model and won't be receiving any more updates from Roku, but DirecTV  says it's supported.  Try adding it from the Channel Store:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/d029c484932d244d1fa75c479951e714/directv

After you add it perform a "Software update" on your Roku from Settings->System->Software update.

0 Kudos
RoderickG
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm not sure how this works. How does one add what looks like an app to the Roku Stick? Adding this to the TV is not an option, it's not a smart model. Thanks.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RoderickG Using the link provided should add the Directv Stream app to your Roku account.  Then any device linked to that account will have access to the app.  Try clicking on the link that was provided and then restarting your Roku stick.  The Directv Stream app should appear at the bottom of your home page on the streaming stick.

0 Kudos
RoderickG
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update: I used the provided link on my cell phone to install the app. It shows up as Installed when I log into Roku with my desktop. Nothing on the Stick, even after performing a manual update. 479 apps listed, but nothing for DirecTV. Nothing but the original 25 items on the Home page.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

You can add an app to your Roku account, but it will only install on units capable of running it. 

Looks like Directv has conflicting information re compatible Roku devices on its website.  Per this Directv page, Roku Streaming Stick 3500 is NOT on Directv's list of supported devices.

The 3500 was released in 2014 and is considered by Roku to be a legacy device that no longer receives updates from Roku.  The current Roku version is 11.5, but the last Roku version compatible with the 3500 is version 11.0.  As more channel apps get updated, expect more and more of them to drop support for this old model.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

DirecTV doesn't make it easy.  The app in the Channel Store is just called DirecTV and states, "The DIRECTV App, for DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM customers, is the fresh way to stream all the entertainment you love."  I would guess the link I gave for the "DirecTV app" is outdated and it isn't supported any longer on the 3500 stick.  No matter, it's probably time to look into a new Roku device since the 3500 is no longer supported and you'll just have more and more problems like this going forward.