Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wangusangus
Reel Rookie

Delayed NY Mets broadcasts on SNY

I'm having an issue where Mets games on the new SNY app are delayed by a couple of innings each night. I'm not having the same issue on my iPad (I haven't tried other platforms). FWIW, the app is pretty new--in previous seasons, SNY aired its games through the NBC Sports app, so I'm not sure if it's just a kind of new platform hiccup. 

13 REPLIES 13
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Delayed NY Mets broadcasts on SNY

Streaming is usually 15-30 seconds behind cable or satellite. You should use a live tv streaming service such as YouTube TV or DirecTV Stream. 

wangusangus
Reel Rookie

As I wrote, games are about two innings behind, not 15-30 seconds. I don't care about a 15-30s delay, but if the real game is in the 8th and the app on Roku is in the 6th, that's a pretty big delay (around 30-45 minutes). And again, this is only on Roku--the SNY app on iPad is about current with the live game. 

Ello2022
Roku Guru

I understand that. But Roku doesn’t develop the SNY channel. So if you’re having issues I suggest you reach out to them. In order to use SNY you need a cable TV provider. So if you have a cable TV for provider why are you using the SNY channel? Have you tried restarting your Roku, modem and router

0 Kudos
wangusangus
Reel Rookie

Okay, but that's a completely different answer than you gave me the first time—that answer explained to me streaming delays, which was not my problem. In fact, I even explicitly compared it to my iPad.

I have restarted, etc. None of that has resolved the issue. I am also reaching out to SNY, but I found a similar Roku forum question about the MLB.tv app from last year and thought to post here, as well, since this is a playback issue specific to Roku. Maybe Roku has nothing to do with it, but again, that's a different answer than you originally gave. 

It's not really relevant why I'm using the app instead of watching it on cable; the issue is that the app is not working properly. But FWIW, I live with a relative and do not have a cable hookup in my area of the house.

Ello2022
Roku Guru

@wangusangus  My reply hasn’t changed. Roku is merely a platform. Channel developers make channels to work with various streaming platforms such as Roku or FireTV. Apple makes iPhone running iOS. Various companies make apps to run on iOS. Those companies are responsible for how their apps work on iOS. Not Apple. Same thing here. Roku isn’t responsible for how the MLB channel works on the Roku platform. Why are you 2 innings behind actual live TV? That’s a question to ask MLB. Who is the TV provider you are using? Do they offer a Roku channel? I know xFinity and Spectrum do. If you Google “SNY app issues” you will find tons of issues across all platforms. So it’s not just a Roku thing. The app is new and probably still in the beta phases.

SNY’s Twitter page is full of complaints and issues across all platforms. I think that says enough 

https://twitter.com/snytv/status/1507084873865076738?s=21&t=gj2f54xot0pcs-3dIe8SNA

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@wangusangusObviously not a Roku issueObviously not a Roku issue

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @wangusangus

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

However, if the issue persists even after performing the suggestions above, please be aware that Roku only rents and transmits the channel and is not responsible for the content. Contents are directly chosen by the respective channel and we have no control over the programming or operation of it. We would recommend contacting the channel directly for more information and assistance.

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JLUKKO
Reel Rookie

I have 5 roku tvs.  And the SNY app plays about an hour behind live tv.  Once in a while I can get one of them to play live.  I don't have cable box on all of them so I use the app.  NBC app used to work perfectly.  SNY app is not.  Any help would be great.

I have uninstalled.  Reset system prefs and other things.  You are right, it probably isn't a ROKU issue but ultimately hurts ROKU product.  Issues should be relayed to SNY developers. Can info can be given its customers so that we can contact and make SNY developers aware of the issue.  

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@JLUKKO  Please read the entire post. This is a SNY issue. Look at the Twitter link I posted