Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Akunkel22

Re: Daily Wire Keeps Closing

Same thing on my roku it will not work shuts off after 10 minutes. I guess as they would say it's time to cancel!!!! roku

Sanity102
Streaming Star

I clicked on page.  Unable to find “support”

randoodle
Binge Watcher

@Sanity102 ,

DW wasn’t listed on roku but I could “add”.  I’ll also need to add rumble.  

Not sure what you mean by this.  Both "The Daily Wire" and "Rumble" are officially released channels available in the Roku Channel store.  Search the Roku Channel Store on your Roku or online - you will find the channels and can add them.  These are not developer or beta apps where you must add them by channel "code".

0 Kudos
Sanity102
Streaming Star

It wasn’t listed as YouTube and Hulu and others are in Roku. I had to do a “search” and add it and Rumble.  I haven’t used fire stick since they had the fight with YouTube.  They are ok now so I could try it again.  I want to make sure that fire stick can down load DW and Rumble.  And it doesn’t kick us out as it does with roku.  I was told that roku is saying it’s on DW side.  Has anyone heard from DW?  I’ve emailed them but for some reason, I’m not getting their email.  Someone called me after I told them I was trying to upgrade but wanted to get the discount.  She assured me that they sent several emails addressing my problem.  I am back to trying to get someone to address this problem.  Again, has anyone heard from them? Also, can someone let us know if they tried fire stick?

0 Kudos
DKprogramming
Reel Rookie

Mary, this isn't a murder investigation. It doesn't require task force level resources. If the "engineering team" (or one programmer for that matter) wanted to solve it they would attach any Roku device to the internet, add the Daily Wire app, select any program on the app, wait 10 minutes for it to kick out to the Roku home screen, LOOK AT THE SYSTEM LOG TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED, and then correct it.

The patronizing "team is investigating" to anyone who understands these kinds of systems is a badly transparent euphemism for "they haven't checked and aren't interested". This isn't a team effort issue and certainly doesn't need days/weeks of investigating. For a serious issue with one of the higher profile content providers, this colossal lack of interest is baffling.  My question at this point is why?

Mary, I'm going to assume at this point you are just repeating what someone in "engineering" is telling you. It is unfortunate that bad information from fellow employees is reflecting on your trustworthiness. If I were you, I would demand some straight talk from them rather than risk my reputation. Good luck.

PamH
Reel Rookie

I am having this issue too. Frustrating for sure. We were kicked out at least 7 ot 8 times while trying to watch one of the shows tonight. Hope they get this fixed as this is one of our regular channels 

Stoneking
Streaming Star

@Sanity102 You can "jailbreak" your Firestick and add the Daily Wire app, and I was able to do that after a lot of rigmarole. 

But the video play back on there is not friendly with the device. Basically you get a version of the app for a cell phone, not a streaming device. Suffice to say, it was not an adequate solution. 

0 Kudos
Stoneking
Streaming Star

Mary, all this would take is a patch. Your new operating system caused the issue. There needs to be a patch added to this and that could automatically update to everybody's Roku. What's the "investigation?"

Investor
Reel Rookie

I appreciate Roku looking into this issue and hope we'll have a solution soon. In the meantime, can you provide a workaround to roll back to the previous Roku operating system?

Also, what are Roku's QA testing methodologies when releasing a new operating system patch?

Thank you for your time,

A Concerned Recent Investor

Stoneking
Streaming Star

That would be an ideal work around. One has to wonder why people were able to roll back to a previous OS but with 10.0 they eliminated that option in addition to putting in a bug that causes this app to crash.

Others have suggested it was malicious.

I try to give them the benefit if the doubt, but this hemhawing about "investigation" is hogwash even to the novice. 

The main investigation that should be done is did Roku do this on purpose and what repercussions should they face for it?