Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cmgarza
Binge Watcher

Re: Daily Wire Keeps Closing

I have version 1.19 build 1.  What version do you have?  Josh at DW said the latest version should be 1.10, which sounds like a lower version to me.

I responded to Josh at DW today with my version number.

Stoneking
Streaming Star

I double checked again, the version was 1.10 after I updated the app the other day at DW's recommendation. It still was closing after 10 minutes.

Today, it was version 1.19 and even my background on my Roku was different, so it seems like updates all around automatically installed.

I was really anticipating something good here, I really was.

Just after 10 minutes into Ben Shaprio, the app closes and back to the home screen.

I am not trying to be smart here, but does anybody test these "updates" on DW's/ROKU's end before they release them and tell customers to try them?

Because they aren't working.

0 Kudos
DW4
Reel Rookie

Hello folks,

Just a quick update with the app issue. It has been confirmed through multiple (high up) people working at the DW that they are aware of the bug and are working on it. So hang in there fellow DW/Roku watchers keep your heads up and your remotes ready every ten minute for a intermission. 

Alex

Ps You know there was a time long ago in the stone age we didn't have remotes! Haha!

Stoneking
Streaming Star

I am glad they are aware, but to what extent? I have seen two updates to the app over the past couple days, and each time Josh acted like it was a done deal.

And in both updates it did not fix the issue.

I am not an IT tech guy. But I would think the first thing they should do is actually test the update on an actual Roku device before acting like they fixed it.

And, for that reason, Josh is cancelled.

Cmgarza
Binge Watcher

Matt Walsh, is that you?

Sanity102
Streaming Star

Love it!  Yes canceled.  I just upgraded to annual membership but are watching free YouTube who doesn’t kick me out every 10 minutes.

DW4
Reel Rookie

I don't know to what extent. I would hope its on top of the priority list because we are the biggest fans! But I promise to be a squeeky wheel and keep at it until this crisis is abolish.

Nice Mat Walsh tag! They got to get some cool merch with that cancel idea.

Magica72
Reel Rookie

Mine started this way but now it doesn’t matter what app I am using they all quit and go back to the Home Screen so it can’t just be a problem with the app it has to be with ROKU. Mine is a 

TCL 40-inch 1080p Smart LED Roku TV - 40S325, 2019 Model

0 Kudos
Stoneking
Streaming Star

I would sincerely hope this is top priority. I guess the app is also on Apple TVs, but for many people, they use Roku, and the app isn't really available on any other streaming device. And not all of us can just cast to our TVs. I am getting disappointed, though. Our mutual friend Josh asked me to email him the build of the app on my Roku and I replied quickly but still nothing from him. 

0 Kudos
Swolff0105
Channel Surfer

Just FYI, while streaming Andrew Klavan live I was able to get through the whole show with no interruptions. After it was over I decided to run a test by watching the recording of the stream and (as predicted) it closed after 10 mins.  

In case there are new ppl in the thread now, this also happened on Wednesday only I was watching Candace.

0 Kudos