Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1garydb
Reel Rookie

Daily Wire Keeps Closing

When I watch The Daily Wire it will freeze and return to the home screen randomly in the middle of viewing. This happens nearly every day. This does not happen with any other channels. Has anyone else had this issue? Do you have a solution?

160 REPLIES 160
KingMoltar

Re: Daily Wire Keeps Closing

I'm experiencing the same thing. I've deleted the app, restarted roku, and then reinstalled the app. Its still does it. I've contacted daily wire support to see if they can help

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@1garydb@KingMoltar

Thanks for posting here in Community!

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. We suggest reaching out to The Daily Wire support for further assistance. They'll be the best ones to help you with the issue you're experiencing. 

Contact them at https://www.dailywire.com/subscribe then click the 'Support' option at the bottom right of the screen.

All the best,

Kariza

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Hchristine

Me too!!  About every 10 mins the shows will cut off and bounce back to the Roku homepage. No other apps on the Roku do this.

Was your issue resolved?

-Heather

bikeboy1

Same here. Been hoping for an update. I have not contacted DW, but maybe the time has come. I have done a factory reset, removed and reinstalled channel... Nothing has helped and I can almost set a timer to 11 minutes before it returns to the home screen.

1garydb
Reel Rookie

Thank you. I was going to try deleting and reinstalling as well but if that didn't work for you, I will also contact The Daily Wire. Good luck and thanks again for your reply.

Sregnif

Same here. The Daily Wire closes after 5-7 minutes of viewing

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @1garydb @1garydb,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
randoodle
Binge Watcher

I am getting the same error.  After about 10 minutes, the Daily Wire app will exit to the home screen, as though you pressed the Home button once.

The problem only occurs with the various versions of OS 10.0.  When it first occurred on my Roku Ultra, I was able to roll back the OS to 9.4 using one of the secret screens.  The Daily Wire app works fine with OS 9.4.

randoodle
Binge Watcher

At the Daily Wire's suggestion, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Daily Wire app.  This does not help.  The app will exit every 10 minutes.  The problem only occurs with Roku OS 10.0 (and its variations) - the Daily Wire app works fine under OS 9.4.