Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crunchyroll App not working

My Crunchyroll app is not working at all. I was just recently using it without problem and now every time I open up the app it crashes and goes back to the Home Screen. Other apps work without problems. I’ve tried resetting the Roku, checking the connection as well as updates but none of those fix the issue

5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Crunchyroll App not working

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel installation has gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

I have been having same issue. Following above remove/restart/reinstall give error and it will not install crunchy roll. Any other ideas?

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @klundtfamily,

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach Crunchyroll support here: https://help.crunchyroll.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,

Mary

keveliel

It says that there was a server issue and i did the steps and it keeps saying that the server was disconnected 

phuzzyone

I just downloaded VRV it works with crunchyroll

0 Kudos