Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hyd

Crave TV "This content requires a Crave subscription"

My crave tv app has suddenly stopped recognizing my account as having a subscription?

Everytime I try to watch any show on my tv it says

"This content requires a Crave subscription

To get it, contact the account owner"

I have used this tv before with this account in the past and had no issues.

I also was watching on my pc today, no issues.

Things I have tried:

Complete restart of tv 

Logging in and out of crave on the tv

Please help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
AndrewB95

Re: Crave TV "This content requires a Crave subscription"

Im getting this too thank god im not the only one and i tried everything youve tried

AndrewB95

It could be CraveTVs end

0 Kudos
Fox306

Same issue.  Worked one day, then not the next.  Tried deleting and reinstalling the app, updating roku, restarting, etc.  Asks me to contact my tv provider to subscribe, while I’m already signed in.   Works fine on other devices.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

When removing a channel, please make sure you are restarting your device before adding the channel back again. Then once the channel has been added, try reauthenticating your Crave TV account.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hollymac22
Reel Rookie

I'm also currently having this problem and have tried the above steps but my options don't even involve a "remove channel"? I was charged 2 weeks ago and got a receipt from Roku, then got another random email from Crave yesterday saying that my subscription was successfully renewed for $0. Help!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Hollymac22 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried logging out of your Crave account in the channel and then logging back in to see if your issue is resolved.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hollymac22
Reel Rookie

I appreciate your trying to help, but that's probably step #1 of troubleshooting lol of course I've already tried that! Many times. I've logged in an out, tried to purchase it again, went to my account online to confirm, tried it on a different tv, tried logging in with a service provider even though I purchased through the crave app specifically, logged out of any websites that may be bell media related, uninstalled the entire app, restarted my Roku device and reinstalled it and repeated all the above steps in different orders. As you can imagine, I'm so frustrated!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Hollymac22 

Thanks for the update.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you'll want to contact Crave support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Crave support here: https://www.crave.ca/en/support

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Hollymac22
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny! Thanks for this information! I've just spoken with a Crave rep and they confirmed all looks fine on their end and in able to access it on my computer's web browsers so the issue lies with Roku. I explained that I was advised to contact them by Roku and they reiterated to try again. Any next steps?! I'd love to be able to watch from my tv using a remote again! 

0 Kudos