Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katie91460
Reel Rookie

Completely Wrong Movie Played - Simply Irresistible

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I have been trying to get someone to correct a movie which has been accidentally uploaded incorrectly. The movie title is "Simply Irresistible", 1999 starring Sarah Michelle Gellar. Instead of the correct movie, a completely unrelated Spanish movie plays. I have sent messages to customer service, but have received no results. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Wrong movie (with the same title) plays

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue reported with the wrong content play for Simply Irresistible.

We believe this issue has now been resolved and would recommend checking to see if you are still seeing the issue occur.

Please keep us posted and we will be more than happy to continue assisting your further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Completely Wrong Movie Played

Jump to solution

@Katie91460 

Unfortunately, errors like this sometimes occur.  A global Search indicates that "Simply Irresistable (1999)" is not playing for free anywhere.  It is likely listed in error as being available for free on the Roku Channel.

It is available on Redbox for 3.99 or you can try a free trial of Starz on the Roku Channel. (currently 7-day free trial or you can subscribe on the Starz website and you get 3months for 5.00/mo = 15.00 rather than the usual 8.99/mo charge.

Look under the Featured Subscriptions or the Premium from within the menu inside the Roku Channel.  If you go with the free trial of Starz, just make sure to cancel before the week ends or you will be charged. (note: sometimes these channels/apps charge you a month and pro-rate the monthly charge to reflect the free week, but I do not think Starz does this.  I believe it is actually a free week.)  At least you can watch your movie this way.

-----

Paging @RokuKariza-D , @RokuMary-F , and @RokuDanny-R to look into this issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Katie91460
Reel Rookie

Re: Completely Wrong Movie Played

Jump to solution

Hey!!! Thank you so much for answering!! I felt like I was running in circles with pre-formatted responses from support. With as many movies/shows which are posted on the Roku channel, it's easy to see how a simple mistake can happen. The movie was actually saved on my watchlist, so when it popped up as newly added and free, of course I tried to watch it lol. Just wanted to let someone know it was messed up.

0 Kudos

Wrong movie (with the same title) plays

Jump to solution

https://therokuchannel.roku.com/details/6f5659c6fb7e59668c1cce580be5c879/simply-irresistible

Although the foreign film there is good (yes, I watched it), it's not what is advertised nor looking for. I expected the one with Sarah Michelle Gellar, as advertised. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JamesLady119 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing as we are unable to reproduce the issue you are reporting? 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R-

Just click on the link provided by @JamesLady119 to go to The Roku Channel page for that movie.   Now click on Play.   What movie do you get?   The one I get is an Argentinian film in Spanish with English subtitles.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@makaiguy 

Thanks for the post.

The movie that shows when clicked on the link goes to the expected movie Simply Irresistible with Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
shanlc

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. I get an Argentinian movie when I click on Simply Irresistible as well. If two people are having the same issue, there has to be a playback issue.

0 Kudos
shanlc

Jump to solution

I made a screen recording to show you what plays. Thanks!

Link to screen recording (Youtube link) 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

There was a similar posting to this a few days ago. https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Completely-Wrong-Movie-Played-Simply-Irresistible/m-p...

Both online Roku Channel and device Roku Channel is playing "Mi Mejor Amigo (2018)" rather than the "Simply Irresistable (1999)" movie with S.Gellar.

---

A search for "My Best Friend" (2018) from within Roku Channel shows this movie is available from channel/app Fandor.  (Mi Mejor Amigo did not yield a search return).  A general search from Roku shows this movie available on Fawesome, Tubi, and others.  This is the movie I, and others, are seeing being played.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos