Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Complete removal of DS Video, from the Channel Store & All devices

6 Roku device in the bin.

Goodbye Roku

0 Kudos
tazzarazz
Reel Rookie

We must remember that DS Video has not done any updates on its Video transposing. DS Video was developed and forgotten, why is this so? Maybe because it is free. Remember the buy me video platforms want to bury any free video platforms that will work with a Synology NAS. We can gripe about it and go after Roku with our complaints and let them know we will stop using their devices. Hurt them in their pocketbooks, is the only thing these platforms understand. We need a good brainiac to develop a new platform that works on the Synology NAS platform that can be loaded on the Roku boxes.

0 Kudos
allmycompstuff
Reel Rookie

I have just spent a week trying to resolve why my Roku TV stopped working correctly with my Synology NAS. and now I found this thread. The really confusing part about all of this to me is that I never actually used the Synology DS Video channel I was just using the Roku Media Player. It always gave me full Meta Data, image previews and loads of functions, in fact I was surprised how similar it was to my Netflix GUI. Then all of a sudden I go to watch a movie and all I have is a HORRIBLE file and folder browser. It's absolute garbage now and totally unusable. Obviously I am attributing it to the removal of DS Video because the timing is in sync with that.

Ironically I have been in the market for a 75" & a 60" TV and actually intentionally passed on great deals that weren't Roku but unless I can get this TV to work with my Synology NAS I will be buying a different Smart TV

0 Kudos