Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idonls4u

Commercials and tv shows getting stuck

Bought new Roku 4k because old unit I was having to reset all the time.  On more occasions than not on ROKU Channel commercials are getting stuck, replaying and tv show isn't playing.  I've been getting out of the channel and going back and it goes right back to playing another commercial and not playing the tv show.  Eventually, it stops doing that but like today it happened through the whole program I was trying to watch.  At first I thought it was just the Roku Channel, but today I had issues with Netflix shows getting stuck and also on The CW.  

Seems to me there are glitches in their boxes they need to work out.  Has anyone heard of this problem and when will Roku fix it?  This is annoying as **bleep** and not what I paid for.  Of course Roku won't allow me to ask them directly.  I may find another way to stream if this doesn't get fixed soon.

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Nitemana
Channel Surfer

Re: Commercials and tv shows getting stuck

Occurring for me also on any show on the ROKU Channel

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Nitemana,

Thanks for your post.

We're here to help you get back to streaming. For us to help you better, we will ask a set of questions to isolate the issue.

• Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • Do you receive an error code or message?
  • What happen when you tried to access the channel?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more details, we'll be able to provide the best suggestion for us to resolve the issue. Keep us posted.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Nitemana
Channel Surfer

All channels available that I access on Roku channel. Occurs in middle of viewing program, sometimes when it initiate commercial breaks in un-natural breaks in show

Occurs on multiple devices.

No error code, just stuck on 99%, but audio continues to play.

Sometimes it works to hit back button on the remote, then press OK button to return to show.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Nitemana,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues with The Roku Channel. Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen? Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel back once more and try playing content again. 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nitemana
Channel Surfer

Tried your recommendation and the issue still exists.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Nitemana,

Thanks for following up.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Our engineering team would like to take a look to see if we can help here. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nitemana
Channel Surfer

As stated earlier, this occurs on the ROKU Channel. Any show that is watched. 

The Home/Back button combination that you gave me to provide some type of Tracker ID only takes me back to theHome Screen for the TV. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Nitemana
Channel Surfer

Device info

16772602386417225810371243770343.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @Nitemana 

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to look into further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos