Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fishface
Streaming Star

Commercials and their irritability

Is it me, but isn’t the repetitive nature of them not the most irritating thing?  I was hoping to avoid the major frequency and irritation of commercials found in cable television by going to total streaming. The repetition of a given commercial or commercials during a program, with streaming channels, is horrific.  Sometimes the same especially crummy commercial is run three times in a row or during a commercial break.  To add insult to injury you are usually not allowed to bypass the commercial or fast forward it.

All of this really pisses me off!

3 REPLIES 3
BC16
Reel Rookie

Re: Commercials and their irritability

I agree. There are too many commercials run during a certain period.  For instance 4 sets of commercials during a 45 minute show. No one likes commercials, that's why many people record the shows, and zip ass the commercials. Most people would accept them if they would run a set after 15 minutes then another set after 30 minutes. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Depends on the installed Channel/app.  Some certainly do have more ads than others, but unlike cable/satellite, normally only 30secs or so per ad.  Kind of what the Mute button was invented for.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Fishface
Streaming Star

UPDATE:  On channels, such as HGTV GO, they now have up to 5 repetitions in a row of the same exact commercial.  This is beyond annoying and absurd, especially not being able to fast forward it.  Am I the only one who hates this?

0 Kudos