Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CrowMo
Binge Watcher

Re: Commercial started appearing while watching "Single-handed" on Acorn. What's up?

Jump to solution

@Ello2022 I didn't even know this was a possibility.  I guess how to accomplish this is in the Roku booklet that came with the stick?

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Commercial started appearing while watching "Single-handed" on Acorn. What's up?

Jump to solution

@CrowMo  Nope. First log into your old Acorn TV account online and reactivate it. Then go into your Roku account and cancel your subscription to Acorn TV through Roku. If you don’t have any other subscriptions through Roku then remove your credit card. You don’t need to sign up for any subscription through Roku. Such as if you want Disney+ then sign up for it on Disneys website. Then log into Disney+ what the account you just made. You will be doing the same with Acorn TV. You can also remove the Acorn TV channel, restart your Roku and re add the channel. Be sure to log into Acorn TV with your proper credentials. Not your Roku credentials 

CrowMo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Ello2022 This is a great help.  So after I reactivate Acorn online, and delete it on Roku (along with CC info), when I go to add it to Roku, it will automatically use the app from my iPad?

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@CrowMo  Your iPad is completely separate thing from Roku. 

0 Kudos
CrowMo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Ello2022 As you can tell, I'm a rookie at this.  So after I re-establish my online Acorn account, and delete Acorn channel through Roku, when I add it to Roku, it will automatically pick up my online account?  And that will be it?  Thanks SO MUCH.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@CrowMo No it will not automatically pick up your new account. when you launch the channel your pre-presented with a login screen. I’ve never use the acorn channel but you will figure it out. Here is a link 

https://support.acorn.tv/en/support/solutions/articles/11000007225-how-do-i-add-the-acorn-tv-channel... 

0 Kudos
CrowMo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Ello2022 You are the bomb!  Followed your directions and achieved my goals.  Thank you SO MUCH!