Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vsanders

Charged for channels I never signed up for 🤬 How do I make sure this does not happen again???

I am being charge for channels I never watch for subscriptions I never purchased how does this happen and how do I make sure this does not happen again???

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Charged for channels I never signed up for 🤬 How do I make sure this does not happen again???

Hi @Vsanders

Thanks for the post.

To avoid unrecognized charges in the future, you may set up a PIN on your Roku account. To do this, please follow the instructions below:

1. Visit my.roku.com from your computer or smartphone
  2. Sign in if prompted. For assistance, learn what to do if you forgot your email address or password.
  3. Under PIN preference, select Update
  4. Once you access your PIN preferences, follow the steps below to set a purchase PIN
  5. Go to Making purchases and adding channels and select either of the following:
    • Require a PIN to make purchases and add channels
    • Require a PIN to make purchases
  6. Select Save preferences
  7. If you are prompted to create a PIN, enter the four-digit PIN you wish to use and select Save PIN

For more information, you can visit this link: How to find, change, or reset the PIN code for your Roku® account

Moreover, if you need assistance with the charges, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here and then choose Accounts, payments & subscriptions. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter. 

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos