Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wcpurdie
Reel Rookie

Channels not working on roku tv

We recently had a power outage and ever since most of the channels on my roku device won’t load but some will. For instance Netflix will load but Disney, Hulu, Amazon Prime, or YouTube will not. These same apps will work fine on other devices on my network such as iPhone, Xbox, and computer. I have two TCL Roku tvs and both are having this issue. I have reset network connection and factory reset. I tried to delete the Disney Plus app and reinstall but it won’t even let me reinstall the app. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Channels not working on roku tv

Roku doesn’t make TVs. TCL made your TV. Hopefully you had your TV plugged into a surge protector? If not something may have fired. Try rebooting your modem, router and TV first. 

0 Kudos
Wcpurdie
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the attempt at a pedantic reply but if you had read my post I said it was TCL Roku tv. I also said it was a roku device, which it is. And yes, I have tried all that, which my post also said.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

TCL makes your TV. So that’s the best place to go for support. If the TV is under warranty then you could make a claim. But if you tried rebooting your modem, roister and TV and still nothing then your kinda out of luck. You can try doing a factory reset on the TV. Please unplug your modem, router and TV for 60 seconds. Then plug them all back in. Are you using a VPN?

0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

Try reinstalling the channels from the Channel Store.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos