Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthewz48
Binge Watcher

Channels load slowly after Roku OS 11 update

Anyone else having issues after OS 11 update? Netflix loads up fast. Hulu/Disney Plus/HBO Max/Peacock load very slowly. Takes a full minute to load sometimes. I have 500 mbps fiber optic internet. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps including factory resetting and even buying a new one. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Channels load slowly after Roku OS 11 update

Hi @matthewz48,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Apologies for the inconvenience. We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
matthewz48
Binge Watcher

Model 4802RW

Serial Number X010009M9LEP

Device ID SODC223M9LEP

Software OS 11.0.0 Build 4193-C2

The issue occurs on all channels except Netflix. Everything is slow to load up. 
Tracker ID EP-272-021

The only steps it takes to replicate the issue is when I load up apps like Hulu/HBO Max/Disney Plus/Peacock/Paramount Plus/Tubi. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Have you tried a router reset?

This has always worked for me to re-establish my net connection when it has been lost or not performing well:

• Restart the router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting). Sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory. Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System or Settings > System > Power.  Again sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds.  When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
matthewz48
Binge Watcher

I have tried all of this. Any other ideas? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@matthewz48

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried changing the wireless channel on your router to see if that helps?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are seeing the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos