Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thongkhin
Binge Watcher

Channels buffer all the time

For the last few days, whenever I log-in to ROKU and select Malamar, when the content downloads, I scroll down to Live channels (I pay for that). I then scroll to a specific channel and it shows the buffering symbol (rotating donut). A few seconds later, the channel will open. 

This is where the problem is. After playing a minute or two, it will again show the buffering code and the percentage. Sometimes it takes a minute or more to reload. The channel will play for anywhere from 1 to 3 or more minutes, then buffering symbol again. This happens to all live channels.

I've exited back to Home then back to Malamar, etc. Same issue. I even Reset ROKU and started all over. Same problem. Never a problem before.

I need to talk to ROKU support but that's impossible. Can't chat, email, or phone - never see any of those options.

I I can't get this fixed, I'll just remove ROKU.

Thanks for any assistance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
FastFurious
Roku Guru

Re: Channels buffer all the time

Buffering is almost always your internet connection. So you have a Roku Stick 3810? How fast is your internet? Exactly what channel is this happening on? The Roku channel? Netflix? Hulu? All channels? Can you be more specific? Also did you try both the 2.4 GHz WiFi and the 5.0 GHz WiFi? Go to Settings/Network and run a check connection test. What is the result is Mbps? Have you tried restarting your Roku, router and modem?

0 Kudos
thongkhin
Binge Watcher

Thank you for your speedy reply. Sorry for delay getting back - wife on computer.

It seems as though the problem has cleared itself.  But, if it happens again, I'll be back here. I know the problem has been ROKU, not my set-up. To answer your questions, here's some background.

The only channels we watch are those on Malamar which is a subscriber service for live TV and videos from all over the Orient, but we focus on S.E. Asia.

I connect via desktop computer which is hardwired to the internet via the ISP router and use WiFi. My internet is rated @ the speeds shown in the atch (tested just before I started this reply).  I did a system reset, no help. Removed the stick and reinserted and started ROKU from the beginning - no help.

At this point, I'm thinking ROKU had a problem with their satellite feed from S.E. Asia. Don't know that for sure because no link to contacting tech support.

Anyway, thanks for your interest. Hopefully this won't happen again.

Have a good day.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
FastFurious
Roku Guru

@thongkhin  That’s a speed test from your computer or phone. That isn’t the same as one performed on your Roku. So you are using a Roku 3810 Stick?

0 Kudos
thongkhin
Binge Watcher

That's what it says on the stick -3810X

0 Kudos
thongkhin
Binge Watcher

Problem solved - old internet equipment.

0 Kudos