Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sianamyp
Channel Surfer

‘Channel unavailable at this time’

As many other people have posted about the same issue, a few days ago many of my channels stopped working on my Roku TV, Now TV, BBC iplayer, 4, ITV etc with the message saying ‘channel unavailable at this time’. I have also done all the instructions advised on these forums with no success. 

Please can we all get a solution?! 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ‘Channel unavailable at this time’

@sianamyp-

From the Roku home screen, Roku menu path Settings > System > About.  What is listed for your Roku model, model number , and Software version?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
sianamyp
Channel Surfer

It’s R55B7120UK, 105.0 build 4210-AF

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@sianamyp--

Roku version 11 is rolling out right now.  I thought this might be related to that.

Since this involves multiple channels have you tried restarting your Roku?

These things are just special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes clearing things out by restarting them is all it needs. (Note that if yours is a Roku TV, turning it off and back on with "Fast start" enabled just puts it into a standby state and does NOT give you a complete restart.)

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System or Settings  > System > Power.

If a restart doesn't do it, or if you don't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can also restart by pulling the power plug to the device for a minute or so then plugging it back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
sianamyp
Channel Surfer

Hi, thanks for this but unfortunately it made no difference 😭

0 Kudos
Muntz47
Reel Rookie

I have the exact same problem. Only had the TV a few weeks and iplayer/ITV etc have been working fine up til now

i have no aerial so rely on these channels through my Internet
my wireless connection is strong and I can access Netflix/prime/YouTube etc. Very annoying 🙄

0 Kudos
DPW1982
Channel Surfer

I bought a 55" TCL Roku TV last week and have exactly the same issue too,  

All i get when trying to access iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4 or 5oD is "‘channel unavailable at this time’

I hope there is a fix for this real soon, as none of the suggestions to resolve seem to work.

It seems clear to me that Roku seem to wish to ignore this and lay the blame somewhere else.

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Roku does not develop those channels. You can reach out to the channel developer for any further questions 

0 Kudos
Geo3

Im suffering from this exact same issue with my TCL roku Tv, anyone had an update or got a fix for it yet?

0 Kudos
Muntz47
Reel Rookie

Hi all

I did exactly what someone on here kindly suggested and Just restarted the whole thing. Turned it all off at the wall for ten mins and restarted

im going to post this elsewhere too but I also have an issue with having to reconnect it to the wifi 8/10 when I turn it on which is super annoying! Not when it’s been off at the wall, just on standby. Grrrrr

hope you all got your problems sorted!

0 Kudos