Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcwithlime

Channel reordering on home screen

You are definitely incorrect. I have no one else on my account, and channel positions keep resetting. I purchased the newest 2022 ultra version. I also purchased firestick. Very disappointed with the new model. My older roku's do not have this issue. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
rcwithlime

Re: Channel reordering on home screen

I purchased the newest Roku Ultra 2022. It is having same issue. None of my other previous models had this issue. I also find this to be very slow. Choose a channel and movie, and screen is black for 7 seconds or so, and I have excellent fiber optic internet service. My previous versions and my 2 firesticks do not have these issues. Very displeased with performance, especially with such a high $ tag. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

There is no 2022 version of the Ultra. The 4800 was released in 2020, and the only change in the current version 4802 is the inclusion of the Voice Remote Pro. I've had a 4800 for close to two years, and my home screen tiles have never moved. I'm not saying it isn't happening with yours, but it's not an endemic problem with the Roku OS. What it is I can't say, but generating a ID tracker number when you notice it has happened might assist Roku finding the cause. Press the Home button 5 times quickly, the the Back button 5 times quickly. If you're quick enough with the presses, a box appears on the screen with the Tracker ID and some other info. Provide that info here or in a private message to one of the Roku moderators and they can get it to tech support for investigation.

@rcwithlime your black screen issue is likely because you have framerate matching enabled under the Advanced Video settings. When the Roku changes framerate to match the video, the screen will always go back for a few seconds. My Shield players do it exactly the same. It's not a Roku issue, it's simply something that happens when the player re-syncs with the TV display. Honestly, that's a feature that provides you with the best possible picture and the fewest artifacts during playback.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Channel moves to end by itself

My YouTube TV moves to the end of the channel list by itself every day.  I have to move it back up to the top every time.   I found others who have the same problem turn off the power saver mode but I do not have that option available.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @rcwithlime @Jasonridgell 

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RLS54
Channel Surfer

I'm having this same issue. There's no one else on my account and I only have two devices linked, both are TCL Roku TVs. 

I have about 40 channels on my home screen. Before, I had alphabetized my most-used 10-12 channels at the top of the home screen and alphabetized the remaining channels underneath them to make locating less-used channels easier. As you can imagine, alphabetizing 40 or so channels is clumsy and time-consuming to say the least, especially on multiple devices. (separate question: why can't "alphabetized" just be a system option for channels on the home screen?)

Recently, after getting the channels in the positions I want them, I turn off the TV before going to bed and in the morning the channels are rearranged in what seems to be a random order. My "favorites" from the top of the screen are now sprinkled all through the rows and nothing is in alpha order anymore.

Some people in the thread have referred to a "default" order for channels. Is there such a thing and if so, what is it, because the new ordering chosen by the TV seems to have no pattern to it at all. Just random positioning.

I have even gone through the reordering process more than once on both TVs and this still keeps reoccurring, messing up my desired order the next morning.

For now, I'm just leaving the channels in the unordered state because I'm sick of trying to get them to stay where I put them.

Hoping 11.5 fixes this...? Any thoughts? Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@RLS54

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the information that @RokuKariza-D requested in her last post?

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RLS54
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R

Here are the answers you asked for to the questions from @RokuKariza-D

1. TCL Roku TV A115X, Model 75R635
   Serial# X00300700U9D
   Device ID S05GY2200U9D
   OS Version 11.0.0, Build 4193-88

2. As I said in my original post, this is a problem with the order of *all* the channels on my home screen

3. Issue ID 9D-391-121

4. Also from my original post, the steps are:
a) manually alphabetize the 40+ channels on my home screen
b) shut off TV before bed
c) next morning, turn on TV
d) channels are no longer in alpha order, seemingly randomized in no obvious pattern

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Bob

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RLS54,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We're aware of the issue and it's currently under investigation. Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos