Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel removed - 5000 game, why?

My husband tried to play 5000 on his TCL Roku tv and it now says the channel has been removed. Why? He loved playing it. Please bring it back!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channel removed - 5000 game, why?

I'm sure the developer hasn't updated it in years and it most likely uses components that have been removed from the Roku OS.  Did your Roku device recently update to version 11.5?  Check under Settings->System->About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

I, too, tried to fire up 5000 just now and it says it was removed, yet it's still in the Channel Store.  I'm on 11.0.

EDIT:  Ok, so judging from what I'm seeing, the app hasn't been updated since 2011, and the SDK has been updated a zillion times since then.  Further research regarding AccuRadio indicates that since it was using older components, it became obsolete.  So unless we can get in contact with whoever created it to work on something they apparently haven't touched in over eleven years, it's gone, sadly.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@bluorangefyre, thanks for reporting your software version.  I don't know if 11.5 has been released yet, but it appears that Roku is preemptively removing channels from the Channel Store (and from people's devices) that use the old components that will be removed completely in 11.5.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Sunshine1221
Channel Surfer

Ours is gone too! We paid for it years ago. Plus several other games that have disappeared. How do we get our purchases back??

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hi @Sunshine1221

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

It looks like the channel is no longer available on the Roku Channel store and cannot be located in the channel search. If you would like more information about a removed channel, please see our support page here: Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device?

Thank you for your understanding and stay safe!

All the best,
Karla

0 Kudos