Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toycole

Channel install failed on roku

Hello I have been trying to add Netflix for the last few months on my roku device but it keeps saying channel installed failed due to there being not enough space. Thing is I don’t have any channels to start with due to the tv being reset when there was a fuse blown on my breaker box. What can I do to fix this issue? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Channel install failed on roku

You probably have an outdated Roku model.  Any Roku device models released before 2014 are no longer supported, so it’s probably time to get a new Roku.  I’d suggest an Express 4K+ (that is, if your TV set has an HDMI input).  ~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
toycole

Hello thank you for responding but it is an updated roku tv it was purchased within the last 1 yr and a half ago brand new from Walmart. It is the ONN brand 

Michelle3
Roku Guru

Well then I’d suggest that you contact Walmart support. Roku doesn’t manufacture the RokuTV sets themselves.
~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@toycole 

I think the only troubleshooting step you can do is to try and perform a Factory Reset on the RokuTV. (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset) or find the Reset button n the back or side of the RokuTV (normally a pinhole), and press and hold for 30+secs.

There is possibility that the power failure caused some damage to the TV internals if a Factory Reset does not resolve your issue.

You could also try Factory Resetting your TV and then try doing a USB update via USB stick/flash drive. (How to use USB to update your unconnected Roku TV)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102