Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael-Alan
Binge Watcher

CLOC Screensaver is no longer available on Roku

The developer continually led all of us along by telling all of us that he would eventually fix it. Years passed and he still kept telling everyone it would get fixed. Many of us even told the developer that we would be willing to pay a one time fee for the CLOC screensaver.  Still no action from the developer -- only promises that it would be fixed. It never did.   Finally Roku removed it as a channel from its Channel Store.  This is too bad because it was a very good application and suited my needs well.

There is a similar alternative available. It is called Dashcoop. Most of us like it and there are some who don't. There is a very small one-time fee.

https://channelstore.roku.com/search/dashcoop 

JWBlys
Channel Surfer

Re: CLOC Screensaver is no longer available on Roku

The previous post is absolutely correct.  I was one of the people who truly believed the developer when he said he would continue to work on CLOC, in order to bring it back to Roku.  Obviously, that never happened.  {sigh}

mrdctaylor
Binge Watcher

Let's be honest: the developer doesn't owe us a thing.  If he's not interested, he's not interested.  He didn't lead anyone on.  Things change.  Priorities change.

Heck, I'm a software developer and could probably figure out how to do this but I don't have any interest either.  Maybe someone will step up.  Maybe not.  Either way, it is pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

JWBlys
Channel Surfer

Agreed, the developer doesn't owe us a thing.  CLOC was nice to have when it was available, it would have been nice to see it come back, but it's gone and that's that.  I appreciate his work for the time I did use it.

Michael-Alan
Binge Watcher

I agree that the developer owes us nothing.  He provided the CLOC saver with absolutely no cost.  I am also grateful for the time he spent creating the app and at many times fixing it. 

However, in the end, he did lead us along for years by telling us that he would fix it and yet he never did.

RIP CLOC Screensaver!

meebzorp
Streaming Star

Hey, thanks for the heads-up on Dashcoop.

Perhaps you or someone else here knows the answer to this question. I have 3 Rokus so do I need to pay 3X for the app? I've been a long-time Roku user, but don't think I've ever paid for an app before.

Thanks!

Larry Alex

So how do they get Teflon to stick to the pan?
0 Kudos
unisphere-roy
Reel Rookie

I paid for Dashcoop through my Roku account and it appeared on all three of our Roku products, 2 Roku TVs and 1 Roku Express.  I paid $5.29 to Roku in March of 2022 and it has been available to select as a screensaver on all three items is the setting section.  Not sure what the price for Dashcoop is now.  Hope that helps!

MTOakey
Reel Rookie

Well, I really liked the simplicity of CLOC SS, just a clock bobbing around... don't need any weather reports - I just look out the window or use the "WeatherBug" App on my phone. I liked the fact that my big flat screen was a clock when I was not watching a movie or the News.
I have looked at "Dashcoop" and it is just too busy. If it had an option to just show the time data alone, I might be interested, but $5 for a Screensaver is ridiculous.
I have found an alternative I am happy with - "World Clock Screensaver" ... Free, just time, you can choose to show times from other cities around the globe if you wish.
Try it, you might like it.

0 Kudos
meebzorp
Streaming Star

Thank you for the input!

So how do they get Teflon to stick to the pan?
0 Kudos
wildsprite
Roku Guru

tried dashcoop, found it to be overpriced garbage.
0 Kudos