Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Briland
Reel Rookie

Channel Availability Guest mode Bahamas

I have a AirBnB in Bahamas. Using a Roku TV I can access my Roku account watch Disney + and Amazon Prime.

When I switch to Guest mode I can load Netflix, YouTube and Spotify and access these accounts. But denied adding Disney + and Amazon Prime.

Is there a away around this hurdle?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Channel Availability Guest mode Bahamas

Hello @Briland

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Channel availability on the Roku platform is determined by each channel provider themselves. Channels are only available in the locations where they choose to publish their channel (app). We don't currently market or sell devices directly in your region, so many channels/services may not currently be available. However, others such as YouTube and Netflix work in many locations.

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. We appreciate your contact, and we are always looking to expand our presence.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Briland
Reel Rookie

Re: Channel Availability Guest mode Bahamas

Karla,

Thank you for your reply.

I understand what you are saying. However, why when I log on using my account in the Bahamas can I access Amazon Prime and Disney + but when I am in guest mode I cannot?

Interestingly I cannot access Hulu in either mode. Which technically is correct as Hulu is available in the US only.

Regards,

Briland

0 Kudos