Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Myoneheart71
Reel Rookie

Re: CBS all access isnt working.....

Jump to solution

I do delete CBS and add back. If you restart Roku you have to activate all your channels that you are streaming 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Myoneheart71 

Couple of things:

First, this thread was for CBS All Access, which is now branded as Paramount+ (Paramount Plus). When you are talking about a different app, that should be a different thread.

Second, deleting and adding an app has three steps:

1. Remove the app.
  2. Reboot the Roku.
  3. Reinstall the app.

You simply said you deleted the app (step 1) and added it back (step 3). Step 2 is missing. And it must be step 2 out of the three steps. You said you didn't do a restart because of issues with activation.

When I restart Roku, which I don't do often, but I have on occasion, I do not have to activate all my apps. There is something else going on in your situation if you have to do that, and you should really try to run that down. In an appropriate thread.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
sboster11570
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Given the number of comments from Roku users that are having trouble connecting their CBS app, maybe someone from Roku could contact CBS. 

As many before me, yes, i have deleted the app, restarted the Roku, reinstalled the app and the problem persists.

The url provided to the CBS app website goes to Paramount+ which is not really the problem.  If there is a better website for the CBS app, please provide.

Thanks

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@sboster11570  CBS is probably concentrating all efforts into Paramount+. CBS all access is going away 

https://www.thewrap.com/paramount-plus-launch-date-cbs-all-access-rebrand-march-4/amp/

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

From people replying to this REALLY old post it looks like this is becoming an issue again.

I might note my problem was that they started using servers to supply content that were in multiple block lists about the time they were converting it to Paramount+ and so my my network was blocking them. I got around the issue by adding a rule to let all servers talk to my Roku. If you any sort of monitoring on your network I'd check that first though you would think CBS would try to avoid using disreputable service providers.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I tried everything nothing works?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @wojewoda1990,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.
A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 
1. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?
2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
3. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
5. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards.
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Myoneheart71
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am still having the same problem after following your instructions on CBS app. Is there anything else can be done

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Myoneheart71

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried reaching out to the channel provider to see what insight they can provide? Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lindakay

Jump to solution

I'm having this issue and have tried numerous times to delete and restart and did so from different TVs with no success.  I tried chatting with Roku support and called CBS support and got no help.

0 Kudos