Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jennjoey

Re: Cbs all access issue

Jump to solution

I'm having problems with my too, and I pay for it every month and can't get my too do what it's supposed to do it's working better on my phone and my TV isn't

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jennjoey

Thanks for the post.

A customer reported that there was a recent update to the channel, have you tried checking for a channel update to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Seems better today. Shows load now and will play for up to 5 mins before refusing to play further. Guess I'll just cancel my account. 2 weeks of not being able to use the app is enough for me.

0 Kudos
olddbray
Reel Rookie

Re: CBS all access isnt working.....

Jump to solution

ROKU ARE **bleep**! Again I cant work a channel I'm signed up for because it keeps telling me to sign in with TV provider when I have an account directly with CBS sports.  HORRIBLE PLATFORM and design, Roku need to go back to the beginning and re design the system.  Piss poor.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@olddbray wrote:

ROKU ARE **bleep**! Again I cant work a channel I'm signed up for because it keeps telling me to sign in with TV provider when I have an account directly with CBS sports.  HORRIBLE PLATFORM and design, Roku need to go back to the beginning and re design the system.  Piss poor.

You're complaining about something that Roku doesn't control. How is that the fault of Roku? CBS is completely responsible for their channel on the Roku. However it works to authenticate, that's not under the control of the Roku device or Roku developers. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@olddbray wrote:

What app are you using? That way we could point you to the people who built the app that's nor working correctly. Roku doesn't build the apps, just like Apple doesn't build the Apple tV apps and Amazon doesn't build the Amazon Fire TV apps. So, which app?

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @olddbray

Thanks for the post. 

Channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel developer themselves. We suggest reaching out to CBS support directly to report the issue and for further help. They are the best ones to assist you with your concern.

You can contact their support here: https://cbsi.secure.force.com/CBSi/knowledgehome?referer=cbs.com/aa

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Sephia825

Jump to solution

It's nearly March 2022 and I still can't access Paramount or CBS on my roku TV.  It keeps having playback errors and won't play anything and it's just the CBS in Paramount plus apps. 

We need refunds if we're gonna keep paying for this stuff and still not have access to it.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Sephia825

Thanks for the post.

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Sephia825 wrote:

It's nearly March 2022 and I still can't access Paramount or CBS on my roku TV.  It keeps having playback errors and won't play anything and it's just the CBS in Paramount plus apps. 

We need refunds if we're gonna keep paying for this stuff and still not have access to it.

Your complaint is with CBS, not Roku. CBS provides the Paramount+ channel, and is responsible for its functionality. Roku is merely the platform provider. Even if you've subscribed through Roku, CBS is who you need to complain to.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos