Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbroer
Channel Surfer

Re: CBS all access won’t load

Jump to solution

I have committed/posted a few times.  I can share two things I have learned/discovered after much troubleshooting.

first, these issues all began after the latest upgrade. It seems this upgrade he's very sensitive 2 bandwidth in anything other than a clean internet signal. The reason for the ladder is there a reason two.

I have found that this latest version the Roku app does not play well with VPN services, and I am guessing it may also be impacted by certain firewall settings. I have a VPN setting programmed into my router. Normally I have absolutely no issues, and I had no issues with CBS All Access until the latest update. It was only when I removed the VPN settings from the router that I suddenly and miraculously had no issues.

I just wanted to share my experience and my findings in case it helps anybody else.

colourcloud
Reel Rookie

Re: CBS All Access (through Roku) ...LIVE TV PROGRAMS not working.

Jump to solution

Wow, with all these complaints, you would think CBS would DO SOMETHING! (for DAYS, I thought I was the only one) My problem is with CBS all access LIVE TV...I have no problems with watching “next day, no commercial” programming, or any other CBS programming. 

ISSUES: 1. sound is either out, cuts out, or sound is a from 20 seconds previous programming  2. Continuous FREEZING, 3. Nothing but a black screen, with a rotating CIRCLE..3. Pixels instead of picture.and other problems. These same problems are on BOTH my TVs..one runs on an older ROKU stick..2017..the other is a ROKU TV. 2019

OK..no big loss, I can watch any favorite CBS show the next day..but it’s the principle! I pay $10 a month for this, and I expect it to work! I’ve read all the suggestions of re-setting my CBS App..but after reading posts here, I am glad I didn't try that yet, as I am not that technical, and fear making  it worse..I will wait for my knowledgeable daughter to reset it.  I am STUNNED this has been going on for a YEAR, and CBS doesn’t seem to care. I know, it is NOT Roku, as my Sling works JUST FINE..and that has live TV.

0 Kudos
colourcloud
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update..this is kinda weird.. I had interruptions &problems withCBS all day..until about 8pm..(it is 9:15pm now) and there is NO problem AT ALL with  my live CBS. I noticed this last night, but thought I was imagining it. I was not. So what’s the deal? Why would there be no interference on CBS during Prime Time, but only during day time programs?

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I noticed that the current version is 20200302 (March 2, 2020). Maybe that will fix some bugs. I didn't have any issues selecting DD+ for audio. Also, I noticed if you hit up-arrow while playing, it shows the timebar and the title/episode without pausing.

0 Kudos
bwdavis59
Reel Rookie

Re: CBS all access isnt working.....

Jump to solution

ROKU 2XS Devices will NOT play CBS AllAccess reliably, freezes, reboots, sound only no video, really slow to start channel up, bought a couple of Roku Express players ($29.99 each) all problems went away.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@bwdavis59 

Thanks for the note.

Please be aware that the Roku 2 XS is a much older device and CBS All Access may no longer support this device.

For more information about what devices are supported, you can reach CBS All Access here: https://cbsi.secure.force.com/CBSi/knowledgehome?referer=cbs.com/aa

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
mbroer
Channel Surfer

Re: CBS all access won’t load

Jump to solution

Just another update.  i replaced my router.  I wanted to verify my earlier theory that Roku CBS All Access app is now more bandwidth conditional.  My old router was just that, old.  New one is up to date.  I have not had any issues with CBS All Access since the update.  I will be installing a separate VPN device to see if I have any issues after that, as I did before.  Not sure why the Roku app has this sensitivity but since CBS is responsible for their own app on the Roku platform they need to do something.  I will post again to see if my VPN service has the same issues I did in the past, but with an update router now.

0 Kudos
petraji
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yesterday there was a quick announcement from CBS that 2 people had been found to have the coronavirus and the entire place had to be cleaned.

0 Kudos
bwdavis59
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello, an update:

Roku Customer support refunded the money I wasted changing my subscription.  Just to reiterate: The ROKU 2XS wireless or wired streaming devices WILL NOT PLAY CBS All Access.  Thanks to the customer service people at Roku for taking the time to appreciate how frustrating this was for us, and cheerfully refunding our money.

Bruce

sparky1231

Jump to solution

This only happens with app on Roku.  Works on all other device’s using same provider

0 Kudos