Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cbs all access issue

Jump to solution
The cbs all access app starts and then I get kicked back to the roku home screen. This is the only app that does this.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: CBS all access isnt working.....

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

You can reach CBS All-Access support here: https://cbsi.secure.force.com/CBSi/submitcase2?template=template_aa17&referer=cbs.com/aa&categories=...

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
176 REPLIES 176
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Cbs all access issue

Jump to solution

Hi,

We recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
selkins76
Reel Rookie

CBS all access isnt working.....

Jump to solution

CBS all access isnt working at all....my account is up to date....just suddenly stopped working yesterday.... anyone know whats going on ???

[post merged into already existing thread]

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi,

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

You can reach CBS All-Access support here: https://cbsi.secure.force.com/CBSi/submitcase2?template=template_aa17&referer=cbs.com/aa&categories=...

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DoNotMessWithIt
Binge Watcher

CBS All Access video-on-demand problems since 9.2 update, live tv fine

Jump to solution

I've been watching CBS All Access on Roku for several years now. Since the OS 9.2 update, there are navigation and playback issues with on-demand video.

While live tv continues to function normally (thankfully) I am unable to navigate to "shows you watch" or "continue watching"... The remote down directional navigation does not work in these areas of the app.  I can only navigate to the most recent episode of any VOD show, which will load and play. All other episodes are inaccessible.

CBS is aware of this issue, and according to the excellent csr I spoke with via phone, many Roku users have been calling CBS and describing the exact same navigation issues with VOD on the Roku platform.

Note that the CBS csr walked me through uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling the CBS All Access app. She also noted a difference in the IP address on their end and what was displaying withing the app's system stats. 

Got a fix yet, Roku coders? Ongoing issues with the 9.2 release are making longtime, loyal Roku users bail from this platform. Black Friday looms.

Tags (1)
shelleyp
Roku Guru

Re: CBS All Access video-on-demand problems since 9.2 update, live tv fine

Jump to solution

I just posted another topic like this, but then noticed yours.

I can navigate without any problem, but when I try to play an episode I get kicked out to the Roku menu. Any episode, not just the latest.

I've done the whole install/uninstall thing. And I also have 9.20, Does this mean we can't use CBS All Access anymore?

Jump to solution
I am having this same issue, tried removing it, restarting roku and reinstalling and it didn’t fix it. Any other suggestions?
Waslost1

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Blah! Just signed up, not impressed so far.

Edwardanp

Jump to solution
I was just having this problem. I checked for an update and installed the newest Roku System Update and CBS still won't work. The content loads but when you go to actually watch it it will boot back to the Home Screen.
0 Kudos
shelleyp
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

So, it seems like it was the CBS All Access server, because now I can access episodes.

You all might want to try again.