Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doolan

Cant hold fast forward on YouTube anymore?

You can't hold to fast forward button on YouTube anymore, so now if I want to skip through an hour long video to pick up where I left off I have to sit there and spam the fast forward button to skip 10s at a time. I don't know if this is a glitch or a REALLY bad update on YouTube part to keep watch time up. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
showler

Re: Cant hold fast forward on YouTube anymore?

This is almost word for word the post I was about to make.  It seemed to change a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was a temporary problem that would be fixed.  It's only on the Youtube app as far as I can tell.

Faith2

Update the YouTube app. From the Home Screen tab over to the YouTube app. Select options (the * key) then from the menus choose update

0 Kudos
Faith2

Updating the app didn’t fix it

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Faith2

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

For more information about that channel's content and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach YouTube support here

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos