Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Curiosity Channel password no longer works

Jump to solution

@rickkfl 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Curiosity Stream channel support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Curiosity Stream support here: https://help.curiositystream.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
biscanejack
Binge Watcher

Re: Curiosity Channel password no longer works

Jump to solution

Hello,

Try going to https://curiositystream.com/login and use your Roku account email ID. It might be that Curiosity Stream has a different password than your Roku account. 

0 Kudos
Pua

Re: Cannot sign in to the curiosity stream channel

Jump to solution

I cannot sign into the CuriosityStream channel.  I contacted CuriosityStream and got an email with a link that doesn't work.  Per their request ("please email us at help@curiositystream.com or call us at 1-844-778-8999"), so I sent an email but no response.  I called, but the number is "no longer in service.")  I tried the website for CuriosityStream and the "page cannot be reached."  What gives?  Suggestions?

biscanejack
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hello Pau,

Your problem is an entirely different issue. I suggest that you open a new item for it.

Having said that, I just went to https://curiositystream.com/ and was able to log on just fine. I think I would start there, at the web site, and verify that your ID and passwords are correct.

0 Kudos
biscanejack
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Sorry, it is not a different issue. My bad. I think I would still start at the Curiosity Stream web page and make sure that your ID and password work.

0 Kudos
jdwhite9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem with unrecognized email/password with Roku CuriosityStream account. My primary receiver works going through Roku, but I’m having trouble adding another household Roku device. I will have to cancel CuriosityStream if this issue continues.

0 Kudos
biscanejack
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hello,

If I understand correctly then one device can log onto Curiosity Stream just fine going thru the Roku. But a second device going thru the same Roku and same Roku account fails.

If that is correct then I am out of my depth, as I only have one device. Can you access any other subscription channel from the second device? If so it would appear that Curiosity Stream can connect to only one device at a time and I'd follow RokuTannerD's suggestion and open an incident at https://help.curiositystream.com/hc/en-us.

jdwhite9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you. Yes, HBO and other accounts appear on both.CuriosityStream says you can have up to 5 devices per account? The problem seems that Roku has not sent CS my email and password. CS says that my email doesn’t exist in their records.

0 Kudos
biscanejack
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hello,

Curiosity Stream works just fine from your primary device thru Roku, so it would seem that Roku knows about your subscription. If Curiosity stream works from one device but not another, thru the same Roku then my thinking is that it is a problem with the failing device. Think I'd delete the Curiosity Stream Channel and then add it back in, all from the second and failing device.

If that still fails I think I'd delete the Curiosity Stream subscription from your Roku account and then start a new subscription from the Curiosity Stream website. Which would remove Roku having anything to do with your Curiosity Stream subscription. Roku would merely be a provider of the channel.

0 Kudos
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jdwhite9, has there been any progress with the Curiosity Stream log-in on your other devices? If you have any questions, please let us know. We're here to help!

0 Kudos