Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jefferies

Xfinity Stream Channel Crash Back To Home Screen on Launch

Xfinity Stream has worked fine for months & tonight it won't connect. It loads the Xfinity home screen and then kicks back to the homepage. I have completed every imaginable troubleshoot.

Unplugged Roku. Deleted App Added App Back Signed In Verified Xfinity Wi-Fi Connection Signed In Again.

Repeated these steps multiple times. I then reset the router, verified Wi-Fi  connection. Again, added the app & signed in through Xfinity. No problems until I tried to open the app. At this point I factory reset the Roku & added the app ... Again. No change whatsoever & apparently individual tv channel apps don't load either. They connect fine verifying the Xfinity account until they begin to load.

• Wi-Fi is working flawlessly
  • ALL other apps are working fine on the Roku.
  • The Xfinity Stream app works fine on mobile.

Apologies for the lengthy post. It's very frustrating that something so simple is made so complicated. 

Any advice is appreciated. 

**A Roku response with an Xfinity link is absolutely unacceptable. Every aspect of Xfinity is connecting & functioning efficiently otherwise. This is a Roku problem.

73 REPLIES 73
anderfam
Reel Rookie

Cannot Connect with Xfinity Stream

I have a Roku 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+ Software version 11.5.0 Build 4312-50 which is supposed to be supported for Xfinity Stream. I can download the Xfinity Stream channel but when I try to connect it says I need a subscription. I do have a subscription and verified that with Xfinity. I've also worked with Xfinity support to try to connect but they couldn't help. Can anyone out here help? Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Cannot Connect with Xfinity Stream

@anderfam

Thanks for the post.

Have you authenticated the channel with your Xfinity credentials? If you are still experiencing an issue with authenticating the channel, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
anderfam
Reel Rookie

Thanks.  I'm having the issue when I try to authenticate.  My PC shows the authentication was successful but my Roku shows and error saying We cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription.  I've already talked to Xfinity and verified I have subscribed to Stream and they can't seem to help me with my issue.  Hoping someone here might be able to help.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@anderfam-

That "without a video subscription" phrase seems to imply that you don't have a video subscription with Xfinity, or that you're not successfully logging into it.  Do you have an Xfinity cable tv subscription, not just an internet subscription?

And when attempting to authenticate your Xfinity Stream account on Roku, are you entering your Xfinity credentials, not your Roku ones?  Note that Roku shows:

b.jpg

If your Xfinity account doesn't use the same email address as your Roku account, you must select "Use different email".

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
anderfam
Reel Rookie

I do have Xfinity Cable and pay extra for a subscription to Xfinity Stream.  I'm using the Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 which is supposed to be supported.  I am able to install the Xfinity Stream app onto my Roku stick.  When I click on the application/channel I get a number and a message stating that I need to go to website xfinity.com/authorize.  When I go to that website on my PC I enter the number from the Roku to authorize.  The PC shows that my authorization was successful, however the Roku gives me the error message saying "Unfortunately, we cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription".  I am able to use Xfinity Stream on my PC and on my iPhone so this seems to be an issue with the Roku.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@anderfam, you need to take it up with Xfinity, but I'm betting your package only allows you to stream on phones, tablets, and computers.  Roku doesn't have anything to do with it and can't help you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @anderfam,

Sorry to hear about the issue. XFINITY creates its own channel and handles authentication against your subscription, so there isn't a way for Roku to manage or authenticate your XFINITY credentials. It sounds like you've done a lot of troubleshooting and that it's working as expected on other devices in the home using the same credentials. 

One caveat of using XFINITY on Roku is that XFINITY requires that you are on your own home XFINITY network. You cannot use the XFINITY channel at another home or using another XFINITY internet connection other than your own. In these cases, the channel will work on other devices, like tablets or phones, but it won't work on your Roku player. Learn more about this limitation here, toward the bottom of their support article: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activate-xfinity-tv-app-on-roku

Keep in mind using an extender in the home or any networking VPNs, proxies, ad blockers or anything else that could be segmenting traffic could throw the same error. Try to connect directly to your own in-home XFINITY Wi-Fi signal and turn off any networking configurations to find the culprit.

Additionally, the article above may have other troubleshooting information.

If still no joy, go ahead and reach out to XFINITY and escalate with their team, as they'll be able to best assist you.

I'm going to mark this post as solved as we've come to the end of our troubleshooting options but I hope the information above is helpful, and please follow up here if you find any other solution so that others could benefit.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
Kieran449
Streaming Star

I have the same problem.

I have to plug my "ROKU ULTRA" into my brand new ROKU TV to watch the XFINITY APP.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @Kieran449

Thanks for reaching out.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos