Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DalTex
Channel Surfer

Cannot Access HBO MAX via Cable Provider

As of today, 07/25/2022, I cannot watch HBOMAX on my Roku that's set up through our DirecTV. Only gives me an option to pay for a new plan. What's the deal Roku?! It was working fine last night.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot Access HBO MAX via Cable Provider

I would suggest removing the channel (highlight it on the Home Screen, press * on your remote, choose Remove), restart your Roku from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (don't skip this), and add the channel again from Streaming Channels.  It may not help, but it should clear out any information associated with the channel/app that may be corrupted.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
btonsick
Binge Watcher

I'm having the same issues.  I pay for the Premier service through DirecTv that includes HBO Max.  When I go to HBO MAX through Roku though, Its asking me to choose a plan!  Please let me know if this issue was resolved.  Does Roku have a contact number or email?

I HATE not getting service I'm paying for.

Please respond to this and let me know if it was received and/or if you solved this issue.

Greatly greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
btonsick
Binge Watcher

PS DalTex, did you recently change your login email address?  I noticed my problems starting happening just after I changed my email address/login in my Roku account.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@btonsick

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? How exactly are you accessing HBO Max content? What are the steps to reproduce the issue and what are you seeing on screen?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos