Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris-K
Streaming Star

Can we get CBS Catch up yet?

Can we get CBS Catch up yet?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can we get CBS Catch up yet?

You have to ask CBS. Roku does not create channels for 3rd party providers. They merely provide the platform for others to create content.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Chris-K
Streaming Star

So NO is the answer for anyone with same question

I also created "Chris' Streaming Platform", and none of the providers create apps for that either 😆

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

You’ll have to work harder to get your sales numbers up before content providers notice you.

0 Kudos
Chris-K
Streaming Star

So Roku need to improve their sales before users get CBS catch up. Got it!

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

If people care about that app, then sure.  (This is the first I've heard of that one - I see many other apps with CBS in them, but not one with "catch up" in it.) Roku currently has about 70 million subscriptions and each content provider can decide whether they want to target those particular people, based on sheer numbers, demographics, etc.  Meanwhile, there are thousands of other channels. 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Just what is CBS Catch up and what other devices support it? Is it official CBS or something illegally playing CBS shows? As far as I know, the only official CBS apps are the CBS app for TV/satellite subscribers, and Paramount+.

0 Kudos
Chris-K
Streaming Star

This is standard UK TV app on all smart TVs, and advertised daily on UK TV

https://youtu.be/zFXUY95PZcg

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Is there an app for any other device? If not, then it looks like CBS is only making it available as a YouTube channel. Send a comment to CBS if you want them to create an app, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. They probably want you to pay for Paramount+ or have CBS through a cable/satellite subscription.

0 Kudos