Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim109
Binge Watcher

Can't watch my videos on the youtube app on my roku express box.

As it says in the title. It used to work but when I recently put more of my own videos into youtube the roku box failed to be able to play them. It does work on my browser on my pc. So I don't know what's going on. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't watch my videos on the youtube app on my roku express box.

Hi @Tim109

Thank you for the inquiry!

Does the issue only occur on YouTube or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel YouTube and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Let us know if there's any difference after

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Tim109
Binge Watcher

Only on the youtube app.  I haven't tried deleting it and re-installing the youtube app on my roku box. Maybe I will do that. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Tim109
Thanks for keeping in touch!
No worries. No rush at all. Just keep us posted at your convenient time in you have further concerns!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Tim109 

Gotta ask, as I don't see this mentioned. Are you logged in to YouTube in the app? If not, you won't be presented with "your" videos because it won't know who you are.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Tim109
Binge Watcher

Yes, I am logged into youtube in the Roku box with my google account. 

0 Kudos