Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hentytapes

Can't watch Fox News on Roku despite signing in through Dish repeatedly

I have repeatedly logged into Fox News through their foxnews.com/connect site using the code provided on their channel when I attempt to watch it on my Roku.  Even though I get a "Success!" reply after informing Fox News that I do pay for the channel through my Dish account, when I return to the Roku it STILL says I'm not authorized, despite logging in again and again and again. I watched the channel yesterday!  This is a repeated error loop that is extremely frustrating.

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't watch Fox News on Roku despite signing in through Dish repeatedly

@hentytapes

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Maxedwell
Channel Surfer

Fox is the worst for having to constantly log in. I’m not a conspiracy nut but it really does make me wonder.

And, it’s not just Fox. It is also NBC and sometimes CBS news. Getting really tired of it.

Roku: Are you listening? Fix this!

PS while you’re at it, fix the “remember me” on your own site! Had to log in - again!

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Maxedwell 

Your suggestion that Roku fix the app indicates you think Roku built the app. Well, they did not. Roku does not build the apps that run on their platform. By the way Apple, Google, and Amazon do not build the apps for their platforms either. These companies provide the platforms for app developers, who build the apps which you, the end user, utilize.

If an app does not work, it is usually because there is a problem with the app, not the platform. And just like Apple, Google, and Amazon will not fix an app they did not build, neither will Roku.

Perhaps letting Fox, NBC, and CBS, who built their respective apps, know of your displeasure would be in order.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RCT13
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't watch Fox News on Roku -- doesn't list ROKU as a provider

ROKU won't let me sign in. Code does nothing. I have no provider other than the internet. No cable or dish.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@RCT13, if you don't have a cable, satellite, or streaming provider (Roku is none of those) then you won't be able to use the Fox News app.  You can watch Fox Live Now on The Roku Channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RCT13
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the information, but very disappointing. It shows up on the screen, and gives me a code to enter, but the code doesn't work. 

0 Kudos

The reason I got Roku was so that I could cut the cable cord,    Does Roku need a cable provider or an internet provider?   I thought it was just an internet provider, but when I try to put the code into the fox news box, it tells me my package does not cover that and I have to upgrade my plan.  In my case, I have xfinity, and I want to get rid of the cable part of it, but if I do, will roku get me fox ?

0 Kudos
Blue46

Dump Fox News, Garbage

0 Kudos

Isn’t Roku a streaming provider?????

0 Kudos